M2 Test Rolls

Talk about rangefinder cameras, lenses and accessories.
Captain Slack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

M2 Test Rolls

Post by Captain Slack »

Finally got around the getting the two rolls of Kodak Gold 200 that I put through my new-to-me M2 developed. Sent them to The Darkroom, which I'd never used before, and was pleased with the results. These are all from the scans they made. Gonna go through the negs later and scan some select one's myself to compare.

Anyway, please have a look. Hope you enjoy!

M2 Test Rolls

LarryD
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: M2 Test Rolls

Post by LarryD »

Beautiful Leica colors and sharpness.
If we all saw the world the same no one would need a camera.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Very nice photos :)
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

Oh, yeah, these are good. Nice compositions. The colors really pop in those photos. Which lens - Summicron?
-Mike Elek
minoly
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by minoly »

I liked all the photos and particularly enjoyed the tree settings. I don't know much about the M-2 but yours surely works well and I'm guessing the M-2 is manual so you've been working well, too! I have a question about the wall of pictures that I take to be the first in your group. Is it a window frame hanging in front of an actual glass window? or something else? It's effective for sure.

'Bill Delehanty
Captain Slack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Captain Slack »

Mike: Most of them were taken with a Voigtlander 50mm/1.5, but a few with a Summaron 35mm/3/5. Both are LTM with adapters. I think I specified in the comments for each photo which lens was used.

Bill: It was a display of stained glass windows for sale at the local flea market. I was lucky enough to catch it with the sun behind it.

Thanks for all the feedback! I put a roll of HP5+ in it yesterday. First time shooting B&W with this camera. Now I need to make some time to finish the roll!
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

HP5+ - ugh for me. I've never successfully shot a satisfying roll with this film. The blacks always come out like mud. I've never been able to use the film correctly. I don't know why.

That would be the Nokton, right? I think this was supposed to be very close to the Sonnar - the original design was.
-Mike Elek
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Saw those last night, and they are great, Nathan. I like the Summaron LTM also, except for having to hold on to the lens while setting the aperture, then set focus. It's a little thing, but really bugs me when the light is fast changing. I much prefer the Color-Skopar for 35mm.

PF
Waiting for the light
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

Great series - glad to see you could put the M2 to work.