Hi again

Introduce yourself to fellow forum members. Plus, the rules of the road (forum guidelines).
Bennybee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi again

Post by Bennybee »

Hi again,

I'm back here again after a long while. I kept exchanging likes with Alex over on Instagram, but that was about it till now.
I'm still buying gear and still shooting film (and digital), although not shooting nearly enough to post interesting things here. But I'm working on that...
Meanwhile, best regards to all of you here.

Benny

minoly
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Hi again

Post by minoly »

Glad to see your post! I haven't been posting much either, but I'm still checking in from time to time.

Bill Delehanty
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Welcome back, Benny. I saw and faved some of your photos on Flickr the last time you posted something, but wondered what you've been up to since then.

PF
Waiting for the light
Bennybee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bennybee »

Thanks Bill and Phil.
I did have grwat plans to shoot more, especially street photography and cityscapes, but Covid threw a spanner in the works. It's best to avoid the city centre right now, especially with the crowds shopping for the holidays. I am now thinking of doing some close-up photography in the woods nearby... Maybe some black and white with the Mamiya RB67.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Enjoying every single photo and waiting for more :)
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by GrahamS »

Welcome home, Benny. :thumbup:
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

Hi, Benny - Welcome back.

I need to process film and scan negatives. I'm actually building a Windows XP computer with parts from two older computers that a colleague gave to me.

I also need to shoot some film.
-Mike Elek
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by GrahamS »

melek wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:36 pm

I need to process film and scan negatives. I'm actually building a Windows XP computer with parts from two older computers that a colleague gave to me.

Are you building the XP machine to handle a scanner?
GrahamS
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

GrahamS wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:06 am
melek wrote:

Yes, I am. Someone at work gave me two old computers - no hard drives.

One is a Pentium 4, and the other is a Pentium Dual-Core, so I'm going to build one with the Dual-Core. I have an HP PhotoSmart S20 slide scanner and my big Epson Expression 1600. Neither software will run under Windows 10. So this will be for those scanners. The computer doesn't need to be super powerful, although I'll have a 220GB SSD for Windows XP and 4GB RAM.

The other CPU, motherboard, RAM and power supply is sitting off to the side. If you want to give it a go, let me know. I'd be happy to send along the spare parts.

I did splurge a bit on the case - a SilverStone. This one has a handle, so I can easily move it around.

-Mike Elek
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by GrahamS »

melek wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:31 am
GrahamS wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:06 am
melek wrote:

Yes, I am. Someone at work gave me two old computers - no hard drives.

One is a Pentium 4, and the other is a Pentium Dual-Core, so I'm going to build one with the Dual-Core. I have an HP PhotoSmart S20 slide scanner and my big Epson Expression 1600. Neither software will run under Windows 10. So this will be for those scanners. The computer doesn't need to be super powerful, although I'll have a 220GB SSD for Windows XP and 4GB RAM.

The other CPU, motherboard, RAM and power supply is sitting off to the side. If you want to give it a go, let me know. I'd be happy to send along the spare parts.

I did splurge a bit on the case - a SilverStone. This one has a handle, so I can easily move it around.
Nice to have a dedicated machine just for scanning. Thanks for the offer but I have nowhereI to put it. I use VueScan to drive my old Minolta ScanElite 5400 from my iMac.
GrahamS