A Contaflex SLR lens adapted to digital

Small mirrorless camera systems, including some with interchangeable lenses.
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

A Contaflex SLR lens adapted to digital

Post by melek »

https://hispan.hu/contaflex-nex-adapter/

I cannot speak Hungarian, so I cannot tell you what this person said.

It's a pretty cool conversion/adapter that was made to fit the Sony E mount. The lens adapted is the later version with interchangeable front elements.

I guess this could be done without too much difficulty. You would want to remove the shutter blades, which is simple to do with a Compur shutter. Then you just need to figure out the flange-to-sensor distance.

You have to remember to replace that rear element/group to ensure that the lens will be able to form an image.

The Leica M > E mount adapters are inexpensive, and I'd probably use this for the conversion.

There are some photos, and it looks good, which you would expect from those lenses.

-Mike Elek
titrisol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: A Contaflex SLR lens adapted to digital

Post by titrisol »

Big ugly tech to the rescue!!!
Seems like a lot of fun!!!

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... x-adapter/

SUMMA SUMMARUM
Is it worth it to suffer with the Contaflex adapter? Overall not particularly. It's a great and noble task, mainly because almost no one has done anything like that before, but there are only a few optics for the system in total (in addition to the mentioned Pantars, there is also Pro-Tessar 3.2 / 35). While these are very inexpensive (since they can only be installed on digital machines in a way that is quite expensive as described above), unfortunately, Contaflex frames are even quite inaccurately expensive.

What did it cost to build the adapter? After a long search, the defective Contaflex frame is approx. I got it for 20,000 forints. The helicoid , M42-NEX adapter and step-up ring total approx. They cost HUF 10,000, so the total material cost is approx. HUF 30,000. You can even add a lot of working hours and fluffing to this, so overall it’s a pretty expensive party.

If you find a faulty Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Alpha, Beta or Prima machine somewhere, it is definitely worth making an adapter from it, as then the material cost of the project is quite minimal. In return, you can use really unique vintage lenses.
If you can't fix it with a hammer... you got an electrical problem
even duct tape can't fix stupid.... but it can muffle it (SilentObserver)
My Flickr -ipernity
Thanks CE Nelson ;)
PFMcFarland

Re: A Contaflex SLR lens adapted to digital

Post by PFMcFarland »

I don't think I could ever tear up a Contaflex to do that, unless it was a hopeless wreck.

PF
Waiting for the light