A couple more sunsets...

With interchangeable lenses and larger sensors, these two popular camera styles appeal to the professional in all of us.
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

A couple more sunsets...

Post by scott »

Hi all -

Took a couple more sunset pictures in Lewes, Delaware last weekend. This time with the 70D. I'd wanted a bit more control over the final product. I have to admit, the iPhone makes such simple work of this that I was largely underwhelmed by what the Canon provided, though it's a poor musician who blames his instrument.

Nonetheless, here are the best of the bunch over two days:

I'd downloaded a sunset/sunrise prediction app before going, Sky Candy. Both days it gave poor (less than 25%) predictions of the possibility of color. Sunday was at 14% IIRC. May be time to find a new app.

Next time I'm going to shoot film seascapes I think...

Thanks for looking,
Scott

alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: A couple more sunsets...

Post by alexvaras »

Very nice photos, Scott.

I have installed an app name Sun Surveyor, it has a very interesting part where with the phone camera you see where the sun will be at what time and many other stuff.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

That's a problem with apps, they usually over promise what they truly are capable of. The weather can change much quicker than predictions, so it might not be what you're expecting by the time you reach the site. You still managed to get some good exposures, Scott, so all was not lost.

PF
Waiting for the light
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scott »

Thanks guys.

My expectations for the app(s) aren't high - just give me a ballpark idea if there's going to be a sunset (or sunrise, though I haven't overcome the switch in daylight savings). Not a huge ask. Sky Candy seems to be way off. It's the free version, so no harm/no foul, but I'll keep looking around. Fun, anyway.