Mamiya M645 acquisition

Rollei, Mamiya, Hasselblad, Kowa, Minolta, Yashica and many, many others.
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Mamiya M645 acquisition

Post by melek »

I've always heard the RB was a beast. I saw one a few years back and was tempted, but I didn't pull the trigger. It was at a Ritz store, and then one day it simply closed.

-Mike Elek
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

alexvaras wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:42 am
Any update with the Mamiya? :)
Yes, Alex. I've been able to find some other accessories that will help in the handling, namely the right angle finder for the prisms, and a Hasselblad style focus lever that fits all the lenses. I also now have the waist level finder with a -2 Diopter for the magnifying lens. I've run one roll of film through it so far, so I need to get that developed.

PF
Waiting for the light
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

melek wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 6:05 pm
I've always heard the RB was a beast. I saw one a few years back and was tempted, but I didn't pull the trigger. It was at a Ritz store, and then one day it simply closed.
epatsellis wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 11:38 am
Absolutely, my RB67 lenses compare quite favorably with the lenses on my Hassy. PF, if you think the 645 is heavy, don’t pick up an RB.

Erie
Oh, I'm quite happy staying with the M645. The one factor that would have pointed me towards an RB/RZ is the rotating interchangeable back, but they are really studio cameras, and I just didn't do enough studio work to justify getting one. It's probably the same reason I didn't get an M645 much earlier. My all time favorite medium format camera to lust after was the Bronica ETRsi, but all I ever did about that was hang on to the brochure.

PF
Waiting for the light