Two Views...

When medium format isn't big enough: 4x5, 5x7, 9x12, 8x10 and even larger.
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Two Views...

Post by scott »

Hi all -

I pulled all the tools out of my Gatemouth 20 last week and filled it with the Seneca Improved View, a lens, Packard, meter, and holders. Hiked the local trail to the waterfall nearby (euphemistically saying "waterfall" here - it has water that falls, but really is only about 3' high). I've done this many many times, but the results are always different. It's a nice hike (a little less than 2 miles roundtrip), it's good to get out, and is convenient to home. So, out I went.

This is the first real time I've carted this gear successfully. It's heavy. The bag, as packed, excluding tripod, was 22 pounds. Good workout. But totally worth it, and I want to do this more.

Anyway, I took three shots, two of which I'm happy with, though I haven't scanned the last yet.

I'm very happy with the rendering on the UM-MA, the reciprocity correction seems solid. I like them.

I'm kind of limiting myself to one lens right now - a Wray 18" f/10 process lens that's big, heavy, and chipped. I have a 210/5.6 that covers, but I don't really want to keep moving it from lensboard to lensboard. The one lens thing is kind of liberating, really.

Thanks for looking.
Scott

Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Two Views...

Post by Julio1fer »

Very nice tones and a lovely subject! Your strenuous exercise was well rewarded!
Bennybee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bennybee »

At least you've got something that looks like a waterfall. Over here I sadly only have a trickle over a stone in the water... :(
Seriously, these are nice shots, Scott. Well done. I had to google 'Gatemouth 20' and what the 'Improved View' from Seneca exactly looked like, and it seems to me that you had a serious workout that day :lol:
Brazile
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Brazile »

Good results from a fun outing -- glad you're getting out and about with the big kit!

Robert
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

That one lens must weigh half as much as the camera! Hope you find something lighter to bring along in the future. Beautiful images of the falls, Scott.

PF
Waiting for the light
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Both very beautiful.
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scott »

Thanks everyone! I've had mixed results overall with this rig and the mammography film. Things seem to be coming together with it at last.

I thought this loop was a little over a mile till I looked on strava. More of a workout than I'd realized. But other than having to carry this with a bag with a shoulder strap, it's really not so bad. I want to pack this thing off on a vacation to the beach but I only have two 18x24 holders, and nothing to store shot film in. May be time to invest in some more DDS's...