Franka Rolfix II

If it has bellows, you can talk about it here.
P C Headland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Franka Rolfix II

Post by P C Headland »

Given I'm on a bit of a real-camera resurgence roll, I thought I'd take out one of the first folding cameras I bought, back in the early noughties when living in NL. It's a Franka Rolfix II, a 6x9 that also comes with a 6x6 mask and a 105mm f3.5 Rodenstock-Trinar lens. It's a non-rangefinder with a sliding switch to alter the viewfinder format. The camera is in nice condition everything works as smoothly and crisply as (I imagine) it came out the factory. While the Trinar is a triplet, it exhibits pretty good sharpness.

The biggest struggle for me with this camera is not the lack of rangefinder, but the non-square standard format. I suppose one day I need to shoot it with the 6x6 mask, but I've got other 6x6 cameras...

Anyway, here a few shots from a couple of weekends back. This is expired Neopan 400 developed in 510-Pyro 1+200 for 60 minutes (stand).
Attachments
Number 9, Kelburn, Wellington
Number 9, Kelburn, Wellington
Probably Number 7, Kelburn, Wellington
Probably Number 7, Kelburn, Wellington
Wall Hanger, Kelburn, Wellington
Wall Hanger, Kelburn, Wellington
View over Wellington
View over Wellington

Bennybee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Franka Rolfix II

Post by Bennybee »

It seems to me that you made excellent use of the non-square format here. Nice results!
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Franka Rolfix II

Post by melek »

That's really excellent sharpness from that camera. The Rolfix doesn't get a lot of attention, but truth be told, there are so many cameras out there.
-Mike Elek