The Isolette 3 goes West

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
titrisol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: The Isolette 3 goes West

Post by titrisol »

Thanks guys
the new XRay machines say that they can damage film, so I had all my film in a ziplock bag (5 rolls of 120).
This roll had fallen out of the bag into the backpack and I found it while cleaning ( a few days later)
SO I know it went through Denver airport carry-on XRay
The overall fog is pretty high and there are those marks in at least half the frames.
I developeD in MIcrophen 1+3 for 23 min agitating every other minute to account for the exposure errors.

The other roll of HP5 was not exposed, I'll load it next weekend for a car show and see if it is the same or not.

If you can't fix it with a hammer... you got an electrical problem
even duct tape can't fix stupid.... but it can muffle it (SilentObserver)
My Flickr -ipernity
Thanks CE Nelson ;)
P C Headland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by P C Headland »

We recently took a trip to Rarotonga which means a couple of flights each way with multiple x-ray scans. I took some Kodak Gold 200 to shoot in the Super Ikonta III. The film went through the x-ray machines multiple times with no ill effects. All our new machines are marked film-safe. There was one old (not in use) scanner at Auckland that had a big caution sign saying "not film safe".

It'll be interesting to see the results from the other roll of HP5. Might also be worth contacting Ilford and seeing what their opinion is.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

I think that higher speed film is more susceptible to fogging. Too bad about all that, but a bit of fiddling with the contrast sliders in post could possibly clean some of that up.

PF
Waiting for the light
titrisol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by titrisol »

P C Headland wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:57 am
We recently took a trip to Rarotonga which means a couple of flights each way with multiple x-ray scans. I took some Kodak Gold 200 to shoot in the Super Ikonta III. The film went through the x-ray machines multiple times with no ill effects. All our new machines are marked film-safe. There was one old (not in use) scanner at Auckland that had a big caution sign saying "not film safe".

It'll be interesting to see the results from the other roll of HP5. Might also be worth contacting Ilford and seeing what their opinion is.
Thanks for the tip, just emailed Ilford and we'll see what they say
If you can't fix it with a hammer... you got an electrical problem
even duct tape can't fix stupid.... but it can muffle it (SilentObserver)
My Flickr -ipernity
Thanks CE Nelson ;)
Bennybee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bennybee »

Nice photos. I can hear Bruce sing 'Badlands' when looking at them. Well done.
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by GrahamS »

I'm not sure that it is x-ray damage. Could be uneven development due to unequal agitation due to the film not being on the tank spiral properly. JMHO.
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.