Yellowstone and The Grand Tetons.

Small mirrorless camera systems, including some with interchangeable lenses.
Captain Slack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yellowstone and The Grand Tetons.

Post by Captain Slack »

My in-laws celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary at the beginning of this month. To mark the occasion, they wanted the entire family to take a trip to some place none of us had ever been. So, for a little more than a week, we all went to Wyoming and toured Yellowstone National Park and The Grand Tetons! An absolutely beautiful, stunning place! Pictures do not do it justice at all. If you've never been, I highly encourage you to go.

As always, I was appointed official trip photographer. Shot almost 300 digital pictures and six rolls of film. Haven't developed any of those yet, but here is an album of what I took with my Olympus OM-D E-M10: Yellowstone and The Grand Tetons. Some of these were shot with the kit 14-55mm, but others were taken with an Olympus 9-18mm or a Panasonic 40-200mm that were kindly lent to me by a friend.

Here's some sample images:

ImageThe Grand Tetons by Nathan Adams, on Flickr

ImageBiscuit Basin by Nathan Adams, on Flickr

This buffalo was hanging out between the Old Faithful Inn and the General Store next door. While were having breakfast at the store, he wandered over to the front door and stood there for about 20 minutes. The staff had to lock the door while he was there. So, we were essentially held hostage by a buffalo!

ImageAmerican Bison by Nathan Adams, on Flickr

My in-laws at Old Faithful.
ImageThe Old Folks at Old Faithful by Nathan Adams, on Flickr

titrisol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Yellowstone and The Grand Tetons.

Post by titrisol »

I have been following your pics in flickr... these are plain amazing!!!
If you can't fix it with a hammer... you got an electrical problem
even duct tape can't fix stupid.... but it can muffle it (SilentObserver)
My Flickr -ipernity
Thanks CE Nelson ;)
Captain Slack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Captain Slack »

Thank you!
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Those are two of the places I mean to visit sometime, especially the Tetons. Of course, if things had worked out differently, I'd be making a grand tour of the West right now. Thanks for posting these, Nathan.

PF
Waiting for the light
Captain Slack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Captain Slack »

No problem! The two parks are right next to each other, so visiting both isn't a problem at all.

I want to go to Yosemite next. Our 20th wedding anniversary is coming up in 2017, so that's when we might go.