Adobe reverses course on Lightroom feature

From digital manipulation and digital printing to understanding how to get the most out of your RAW images.
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Adobe reverses course on Lightroom feature

Post by melek »

I don't use Adobe Lightroom, so I'm not really up to speed about how big of an issue this is.

Apparently, enough users complained about revisions in the most recent version to the "import photos" feature that Adobe is going to change it back to how it was done before – for both the monthly subscription Creative Cloud version, as well as for those who purchased the boxed version.

CNet has an article here about it here. I searched Adobe's site but couldn't find any news about this.

The CNet article says many software developers base their changes on telemetry that is collected behind the scenes from users, but many users opt out of sharing information with software companies. I think this has to do with a lot of negative attitudes toward companies collecting information that supposedly is anonymous.

The article says Adobe will make the change for Creative Cloud users, probably because they are paying every month. The change for the "perpetual license," which is what they are calling the boxed version, will occur at some point. The message to this group seems to be, "Too bad – you don't pay every month so you'll get it when we get to it."

-Mike Elek
Brazile
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Adobe reverses course on Lightroom feature

Post by Brazile »

Here you go, Mike: the Lightroom Journal article on the course reversal.