Slightly out of touch

'The F Stops Here' - What's New, plus comments and questions about the forums.
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Slightly out of touch

Post by melek »

I'm moving again. While I will have access to my computer and other things, I'm packing up my big PC today and putting all of my ongoing projects on hold.

You can still get in touch, but it's the reason I've been sort of absent lately.

Moving sucks.

-Mike Elek
PFMcFarland

Re: Slightly out of touch

Post by PFMcFarland »

I used to move at the end of my lease, but when the accumulated possessions required more than a pick-up to haul, I stopped all that. But I am hoping to get a larger place soon, so I'll be in the same boat too. Good luck, Mike!

PF
Waiting for the light
TobaccorRoad

Post by TobaccorRoad »

Word of warning -- Mark your boxes well. I still have mystery boxes and finding things that I thought were given away?
Or still looking for things that I did give away!
Got to be an age thing ???
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

On the last move, I tried to get rid of stuff. But you always accumulate more.

Here are some of my cameras. Frankly, I'm glad to get them out from under the bed.
four_bins.jpg
And somehow, some of my less-favorite cameras ended up in the cabinet. I need to reverse that this time around.
cabinet.jpg
This will be a good opportunity for me to get all of my cameras in order this time around.

Yes, way too many cameras.
-Mike Elek
Bennybee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bennybee »

Oh Mike, what a huge pile of cameras ! And those carton boxes in the background are filled as well, I suppose? I'd like to grabble around in those bins and boxes!
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

The boxes are my wife's books. No cameras in those. :)

Here's a link to a larger version of the bins:

download/file.php?id=270
-Mike Elek
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

Best wishes for the move. It took me some time to catch my breath back after looking at your collection.
LarryD
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by LarryD »

My landlady decided that I am part of the furniture and that I ever told her I was going to move it meant a personal insult to her. :D
If we all saw the world the same no one would need a camera.
TobaccorRoad

Post by TobaccorRoad »

Nice display Mike. I showed it to my wife and she asked, " when are you gong to build shelves for your cameras?"
Mine are in the closet, but in bags and boxes, guess I will have to get busy---one of these days. :oops:
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

OK, so I've moved, and we're in a smaller place. So, soon begins the fun of trying to figure out what to sell, what to keep and what to simply dump.

There are many old camera bodies that are beyond repair or were parts cameras or whatever.

The first to go will be a Petri SLR and some lenses. And then perhaps some other SLR systems. But that gets rough. Which to keep: Olympus? Minolta? Pentax? Konica? K/Y Contax?

I guess that I'll keep my Nikons for sentimental value and maybe a Pentax MX and a KX that a friend gave to me. It belonged to her late mother.

I really have a liking for the little Minolta XD 11. And what about the Olympus OM-1 and OM-2?

The Konica is easy to let go, and maybe some of the "extra" Pentax bodies: ME, ME Super, K1000.

And then there are several extra Kodak Retinas: IIIc, IIc, II, etc.

That POS Rollei Magic should definitely go. And the extra Baby Rollei.

Ah, tough decisions are ahead.
-Mike Elek