2010 Nelsonfoto Post

This renegade photography forum was home to great discussions and photos. Here are some of our favorite posts.
jamesmck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

2010 Nelsonfoto Post

Post by jamesmck »

Inspired by Graham's re-posts, here is an old Nelsonfoto post, as I posted it some time in April 2010. Found this in the dregs of old computer files. Sorry, I don't have a copy of comments.
----
Dennis Gallus and I took a day trip to Virginia's Northern Neck last Saturday, and we came upon this old house near Kilmarnock, VA. It called to mind the song "This Old House" (written by Hamblen and Stuart, and popularized by Rosemary Clooney). A few pieces of the song accompany the photos below. All were with an Olympus OM-2n, 35-70 Zuiko lens, and Kodak UC400 film.

This old house once knew my children / This old house once knew my wife / This old house was home and shelter as we fought the storms of life

This old house is getting shaky / This old house is getting old / This old house lets in the rain and / This old house lets in the cold

Ain't got time to fix the shingles / Ain't got time to fix the floor / Ain't got time to oil the hinges / Nor to mend the window pane /
Ain't gonna need this house no longer / I'm getting ready to meet the saints

Thanks for looking,
James

James McKearney
Dennis Gallus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: 2010 Nelsonfoto Post

Post by Dennis Gallus »

James,

Great post! Good to see images of that old house again. It was still there in 2013 when I was last on the Northern Neck. We took a lot of interesting photos there.

Dennis
Dennis Gallus
Hereford, Arizona USA
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: 2010 Nelsonfoto Post

Post by GrahamS »

Looks like a good location for a Hitchcock movie. I remember your original post on NFF, James. Nice images. Thanks for the memory.
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.