Adding photos to a post

Tips and detailed instructions for browsing and posting to the PhotographyToday.net Forums.
AdminPTF
Amateur
Amateur

Adding photos to a post

Post by AdminPTF »

This forum currently does not allow members to upload images, although it might be possible in the future.

The forum runs on phpBB, which supports the common BBCodes, including the ability to embed images in posts.

To embed an image in a post, the image will need to exist somewhere on the Internet, such as with a Flickr account or on a Website.

Embedding an image is simple. You simply wrap the "img" code around the URL of the image.

You can get the URL of the image by right-clicking on the photo that you wish to embed and selecting "Copy image location." Alternatively, you can right-click on a photo and select "Properties" and get the URL.

Example:

I have a photo that has this URL:
http://elekm.net/images/wrestling_300.jpg

Code: Select all

I will then use this code:
[img]http://elekm.net/images/wrestling_300.jpg[/img]
Make sure that the image tags and the URL are all one one line like in the example above.

There should be no spaces between the img tags and the URL.

And it will display like this:

To embed your own image, find and copy the URL of your photo and paste it into a message.

Highlight the URL and press the "Img" button in the toolbar that sits above the text-editing region – Image

If you want, you can simply type in the start and ending "img" codes.

RonB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Adding photos to a post

Post by RonB »

Think I got it now? :mrgreen:

New Boots
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Adding photos to a post

Post by melek »