Voigtlander Superb Model I - Skopar

Share your advice about camera repair or ask a question.
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Voigtlander Superb Model I - Skopar

Post by Julio1fer »

Looks sharp enough to me. Handling the camera is whatever works for you. It helps to have forces and torques in balance, of course.

Flare in the last one is typical of uncoated lenses. A hood could help but do not expect too much.

alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

You mean the first pictures or the last ones?
Maybe I'm being too picky, that's why I ask your opinion.
Thank you Julio!
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

The last ones look very sharp, especially that cityscape; the first ones were not too bad (to my eye at least). About flare, I understand you only got flare in the portrait of two men in the last picture. Maybe a hood could have helped to control flare there.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Thank you for the input Julio.

Some update...Today I was collimating some cameras through ground glass and not with the DSLR and I found the Superb out of focus, I went home and with the DSLR as well, really out of focus and I can't absolutely collimate it. I don't recall to do anything with the camera after the last shooting, so far I can only say faeries did it during the night.
Tips, there is only one thread to place the rear and front elements, I didn't open the front elements myself, but I will to check the glasses are correct.
Solved: I found the thread from the front element loose, shutter shaking??? I will do a hundred of shutter release and see if thats the reason...
But not I have to collimate both talking and viewing lenses again...
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Don't think I've ever seen that before on a leaf shutter camera. But then not everyone made them like Voigtlander did.

PF
Waiting for the light
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

So far I haven't found the same thing in any of the cameras, but I have very limited experience at the moment.
Hans K. said he heard something about this but he can't recall when.
Rollyn

Post by Rollyn »

Hello,
I have a Superb with a Heliar lens and I'm doing an overhaul myself. The helicoid is super stiff and I follow your steps but I couldn't remove the shutter in order to clean the helicoid. I removed the screw under the focus knob but seams is stuck and doesn't come out. I think I must remove the lens cup inside film chamber but I can't see any holes to fit a spanner. Am I correct about this? The rear lens should come out too?
Another question is about the viewing lens. How can I remove it? The explanations are not that clear. I removed the distance ring and then I tried to unscrew anti-clockwise but I couldn't. Is there a particular way to do it? I noticed 3 very small screws around the front ring but I presume they are for removing the front glass to clean it.
Thanks in advance.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Hey Rollyn,

Let me back to you during the weekend...

Alex
Rollyn

Post by Rollyn »

Ok Alex. Meanwhile I send you two photos, one from inside film chamber (you can see the lens tube pipe) and another from the front. I can't go further from this point and the helicoid just barely start to appear.

I can guess the rear lens pipe should come off. I tried but seams very tight and I don't have any holes to put on a spanner. Someone told me all unit (tube pipe, rear lens and shutter) comes off together after removing the helicoid or just turning the shutter to 10 o'clock position. I tried but seams not work for me too.

I will be waiting. Thanks.
Attachments
voigtlander_superb_2.jpg
voigtlander_superb_1.jpg
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Ok... first hint... have you removed the small metal plate between viewing and taking lenses?
3.jpg
3.jpg (11.95 KiB) Viewed 51066 times
Edit: Yes, I see from your photos you did....