New feature: Forum digest e-mailed to you

Tips and detailed instructions for browsing and posting to the PhotographyToday.net Forums.
AdminPTF
Amateur
Amateur

New feature: Forum digest e-mailed to you

Post by AdminPTF »

The Digest feature allows you to see a roundup of the most recent posts. By default, you are subscribed to the weekly digest, and when you register, you have the opportunity to subscribe.

There are several things that you can do via the "User Control Panel," and by selecting "Digests," which is the last tab to the right:
digest-basic.png
On this screen, you can have this digest delivered daily, weekly or monthly. Or you can unsubscribe and not receive it at all. You can also select the time that you wish to receive this. The time of delivery will be based on the time zone that is set in your "Board Preferences," which can be accessed on this same screen in the "User Control Panel."

The other menu choices under "Basic" allow you to make other changes that affect what you will see in your digest. They are self-explanatory.

If you make a mistake, you can always return to the default choices and select "Reset" on any of the pages to return them to the defaults.

You can have Personal Messages (PMs) included in your Digest, although you will need to enable that feature.

There are five visual styles. Note that the text-only version has no hyperlinks. Each image below will open a larger version in a new browser tab.

| Styled no tables | Styled with tables |
Image | Image

----------------------------------------

| Plain no tables | Plain with tables |
Image | Image

----------------------------------------

Text only - no links

You can switch between these styles until you find the one that you like.

jamesmck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: New feature: Forum digest e-mailed to you

Post by jamesmck »

Kudos, Mike!
James McKearney
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: New feature: Forum digest e-mailed to you

Post by melek »

For testing, I have mine delivered daily at 7 a.m.

I've gone back and forth on the Styled with or without tables. I've come around on the tables, which I didn't like at first.

When viewed on a computer (not a smartphone), I like the tables. When viewing solely on a smartphone, I tend to favor the Styled without tables. But feel free to change back and forth.

It's turned out to be sort of a cool feature, I think and hope.
-Mike Elek