Kodacolor X - BW processing.

Questions and answers about developing film, enlarging and making your own prints. Also, topics on scanning your negatives, transparencies and photos.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Kodacolor X - BW processing.

Post by alexvaras »

Hi all,

I bought some 127, 620 and 616 film months ago thinking mainly of my Nagel Vollenda 52, the surprise I had is to discover Kodacolor X was not developed in C-41 but a previous one and I would have to pay someone big money to do it in C-22?
Digging I found out it could be processed as BW getting acceptable results so I tried...

HC-110 dil. B for 5 minutes at 20C degrees.

Door.

Duck.

Wood.

Negative went out brown-purplish but image can be scanned, the grain is expected as the other processes I have seen, I shot this roll as ASA 40, the half of box rates and of course histogram at scanner was at right side as it was overexposed.

Any idea or suggestions how to improve the next one? Remaining 3 127 and one 620.

Thank you for looking,
Alex

melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Kodacolor X - BW processing.

Post by melek »

Oh yeah, that's impressive. My own experience with Kodacolor-X goes back so far that it's not useful. I think that I was 10 or 11 when I last used it, and have had not encountered any since.

If you have some Rodinal, give that a shot. However, you could end up with even more grain. Maybe that wouldn't be the best.

I might try some D-76 or Microdol-X, now that I think about it.
-Mike Elek
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

These are good results for cross-processing very old film.

Maybe next time cut down on development time? You could also expose closer to box ASA.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Thank you, Mike and Julio.

Yes, Julio, I will do box next time.