Ilford plate R.10

Questions and answers about developing film, enlarging and making your own prints. Also, topics on scanning your negatives, transparencies and photos.
PFMcFarland

Re: Ilford plate R.10

Post by PFMcFarland »

alexvaras wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:11 pm
I need 4x5 plate holders... besides Chamonix and the new 3D ones, what options are over there?
The one I got is wooden, and I haven't checked it out yet in the camera but it looks like it should work okay. It appears to be a later design. I see a lot of holders for sale that are being marketed as able to convert to holding a plate, but I'm not too sure about that.

PF

Waiting for the light
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

PFMcFarland wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:25 am
alexvaras wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:11 pm
I need 4x5 plate holders... besides Chamonix and the new 3D ones, what options are over there?
The one I got is wooden, and I haven't checked it out yet in the camera but it looks like it should work okay. It appears to be a later design. I see a lot of holders for sale that are being marketed as able to convert to holding a plate, but I'm not too sure about that.

PF
I saw how to adapt some 4x5 film holders to plate and I got a lot from the Speed Graphic and I will adapt them as well for quarter plate so I can shoot them with the Tachihara or the Speed Graphic as well.

Another plate done with the big Bergheil, two shots of Nadine, one plate's emulsion went no so well and made her very old so I kept this version.

Ms Nadine.

I'm trying to be consistent with the position of the model and the camera to achieve better results, maybe after some months and shooting outside I will change, so far I think I have to keep doing the same as far as I can.

I will change something and that will be the dry plate for film, ASA 25 gives me 1/3 seconds and model is not confidence, film at 100 or 320 will give the model the chance of being more relaxed.

Thank you for looking,
Alex
Brazile
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Brazile »

For plates of that speed, I think you just need more light.

Robert
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Thanks for the tip.
In about 3-4 months :)
Brazile
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Brazile »

Or choose a cloudy bright day at mid-day. With all the snow around, you're living in a giant light box! :-)

Robert
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

It's a shame, no snow at all and sun comes usually in January-February when it's about -20 so it will be how well this teacher is dressed up for winter :)
Brazile
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Brazile »

I'm familiar with the problem...!

Robert