Bluebirds back

With interchangeable lenses and larger sensors, these two popular camera styles appeal to the professional in all of us.
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Bluebirds back

Post by scott »

Hi All -

About a week ago I saw a pair of eastern bluebirds in the yard. Immediately put out the mealworm feeder. Yesterday was nice enough that I figured I'd empty the bluebird house Maddie and I made several years ago - nothing but sparrows for at least two years. Box wasn't empty more than 30 minutes when the bluebirds were going in and out.

Now, bird photography isn't my thing. But there's a short attention span work around: The 70D has WiFi, and a fairly decent app. Set up the camera outside on a tripod, attached the 70-200/2.8 with a 2X TC, and connected the camera to Maddie's phone over WiFi. She was sitting in the kitchen answering emails, taking grab shots. The response is a little slow, which we'll work on (I think we need to connect through the house network rather than the one in the 70D), but workable.

Best of the session:
ImageBluebirds are back! by Scott, on Flickr

She has a great time with it, and something we can do at home. Hopefully the bluebirds stick around.

Scott

jamesmck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Bluebirds back

Post by jamesmck »

Very nice, Scott and Maddie!
James McKearney
PFMcFarland

Re: Bluebirds back

Post by PFMcFarland »

I think they'll hang out now that they have a comfy home. Maddie did a good job there.

PF
Waiting for the light