Ansco Super Memar

Talk about rangefinder cameras, lenses and accessories.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Ansco Super Memar

Post by alexvaras »

Ok, now I saw the video in flickr, it’s not being cocked I think, the cocking ring should be help by a lever from the left side.
I have a 3.5C I have to fix slow speed, let’s see if I can open it today and take some photos.

scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scott »

alexvaras wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:14 am
Ok, now I saw the video in flickr, it’s not being cocked I think, the cocking ring should be help by a lever from the left side.
I have a 3.5C I have to fix slow speed, let’s see if I can open it today and take some photos.
That's what I thought too, but every now and again, with nothing seeming different, I'll trip something and the shutter will fire.

Thanks for your help, Alex.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

I have one opened now, if you want to know if the shutter is cocked (star wheel and cocking ring come after cocking) change the speeds of the shutter, if you see the pinion of the slow gear moving up and down and the usual noise of the slow gear wheels moving, meaning that shutter is cocked. If that pinion is mot moving, shutter is not being cocked.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Checked, your shutter is not being cocked, below the star wheel, that part should be held, that is where the main drive spring lies.
Why it’s not fully cocked could be by the cocking mechanism of the camera or a problem in the shutter.
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scott »

Alex, are we talking this (in blue)?
ImageIMG_3222a by Scott, on Flickr

I'll try working some xylene down in there to flush a bit and see if anything loosens up.
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scott »

I just looked, and that gear/latch thingy does rotate as it should. It just doesn't latch with anything, so that the shutter would remain cocked. It's going through the right motions - the escapement is charging, the star gear is moving the cocking rack, the aforementioned latch thingy is rotating - just doesn't latch to anything to keep it cocked.

Will need to do some more investigating and see if I can figure out what it should be catching on.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Here you have my video, my guess is that your coming mechanism doesn't do the full way, look my star wheel almost gets vertical (opposite side) and you hear click.

Synchro-Compur cocking.

Here the video in full resolution without compression:

https://mega.nz/file/i55XQCjT#X77VatsA5 ... BDl_1jcl9M
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scott »

Thanks Alex. That's kind of what I expected. It seems as though the cocking lever isn't turning the star gear enough to finish cocking the shutter. Which makes me think there's something amiss in the linkage in the top of the camera. I've seen this before, but for the life of me can't remember if it was one of these, a Karat, or a Retina. I'm finishing up some wine activities (still need to do a bunch of cleaning) then will see if I can figure this out.

I appreciate the video.
titrisol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by titrisol »

It won;t latch open without the pressure plate
The big ring should come to a stop and a latch hold it in place but needs to be pressed down
Check this video

scott wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:33 am
I just looked, and that gear/latch thingy does rotate as it should. It just doesn't latch with anything, so that the shutter would remain cocked. It's going through the right motions - the escapement is charging, the star gear is moving the cocking rack, the aforementioned latch thingy is rotating - just doesn't latch to anything to keep it cocked.

Will need to do some more investigating and see if I can figure out what it should be catching on.
If you can't fix it with a hammer... you got an electrical problem
even duct tape can't fix stupid.... but it can muffle it (SilentObserver)
My Flickr -ipernity
Thanks CE Nelson ;)
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

I think your main issue, Scott, is the B Lever is not swinging into position to block the Drive (under the Cocking Gear) and the Cocking Rack. Could be something to do with the spring that puts pressure on the B Lever, or the B Lever could be dragging on the support bar. I'm going with not enough tension in the spring. It can be adjusted without removing the B Lever if you are very very careful.

PF
Waiting for the light