Communist Camera Day 2021.

Upcoming events, lights, tripods, camera bags and other topics that don't fit within one of the other categories.
LarryD
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Communist Camera Day 2021.

Post by LarryD »

I started it years ago and then it fell to the side of life and then the Virus. I know it is short notice but I got a few working so maybe we can have some fun as I will get my second shot on Tuesday.

If we all saw the world the same no one would need a camera.
PFMcFarland

Re: Communist Camera Day 2021.

Post by PFMcFarland »

I've got the Zorki's ready to go, Larry. Maybe even a couple of FEDs.

PF
Waiting for the light
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Getting ready Lubitel 2

1/250 doesn’t work, I opened but I couldn’t find it out, anyway I go the other speeds in shape and I collimated taking and viewing lens... seller said was ready to go, 🤭...

Its state is absolutely new and scratches the film sides as a good Lubitel.

Film is drying now...
Lubitel 2
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Here I go!

I got a Lubitel 2, see above and here are some photos, the topic was also "Soviet things" that are still around, of course you can guess who is first...

Lenin.

One guy that seems important in my town, I promise to dig out...
Statue of...

And I made small review of the different style of buildings during Soviet time, this is the last style.
70-80s panel houses.

Full album can be seen here:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmVvrrac

As for the camera... I think my Lubitel 166U that I have in Spain has better glass, at least no so flares everywhere. I hope for the next year to have ready the Iskra...

Looking forward to see your photos :)
Alex
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

That second bust looks like a young Brezhnev, Alex.

PF
Waiting for the light
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

I read the story of the town, he had his dacha nearby, today I will pass by and check the name carved, most likely you are right.

Sergei Alekseevich Kushnarev.
Former director of the state farm located here after the war, over time the state farm developed into this little town where new rich are living now (Abramovich included as I read).
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

Somewhere I have a Lomo and a Fed. The Fed needs work (don't they all?).
-Mike Elek
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Of the two FEDs I was going to use, one has already been eliminated. The FED 2c had some light cracks in the 2nd curtain that I fixed with some fabric paint, but when I exercised the shutter after the coating I found out there is a speed issue I didn't know about. 1/25 is the same as B, and all the other speeds are at least one speed slower than they are supposed to be. It's not a matter of the dial being on the wrong setting as B is correct, and there is nothing past 1/500, so I guess that one will have to go in the box with the others.

Camera two though is a lovely FED 3b flat-top with the lever winding. It came with the Industar-61 53/2.8, and I have another I-61 L/D to test out with it. Haven't found any faults with it so far.

Right now I'm about halfway through a roll of ColorPlus 200 in the Zorki-1e/I-22, and have a roll of FP4+ in the Zorki-6/J-12. Weather keeps giving me fits though so I'm glad they give you the whole month for getting images. But now that there might be an issue of getting fuel for the vehicle I have to cut back on my wanderings, and sneak in some time while out doing other things such as grocery shopping or laundry. Out of one travel restriction and right into another!

PF
Waiting for the light
Brazile
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Brazile »

Oh, the pipeline hack. Didn't even occur to me how far-reaching that might turn out to be. How annoying! I hope they get that sorted out quickly.

Robert
titrisol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by titrisol »

Weather has been sneaky, so far a cold spring here as well.
I had no clue about the pipeline hack until I read it here... LoL!

I don;t have any russian cameras, my Zeniths went to better hands years ago
PFMcFarland wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:27 pm
Of the two FEDs I was going to use, one has already been eliminated. The FED 2c had some light cracks in the 2nd curtain that I fixed with some fabric paint, but when I exercised the shutter after the coating I found out there is a speed issue I didn't know about. 1/25 is the same as B, and all the other speeds are at least one speed slower than they are supposed to be. It's not a matter of the dial being on the wrong setting as B is correct, and there is nothing past 1/500, so I guess that one will have to go in the box with the others.

Camera two though is a lovely FED 3b flat-top with the lever winding. It came with the Industar-61 53/2.8, and I have another I-61 L/D to test out with it. Haven't found any faults with it so far.

Right now I'm about halfway through a roll of ColorPlus 200 in the Zorki-1e/I-22, and have a roll of FP4+ in the Zorki-6/J-12. Weather keeps giving me fits though so I'm glad they give you the whole month for getting images. But now that there might be an issue of getting fuel for the vehicle I have to cut back on my wanderings, and sneak in some time while out doing other things such as grocery shopping or laundry. Out of one travel restriction and right into another!

PF
If you can't fix it with a hammer... you got an electrical problem
even duct tape can't fix stupid.... but it can muffle it (SilentObserver)
My Flickr -ipernity
Thanks CE Nelson ;)