St. Peter's Episcopal...

These digital cameras don't have interchangeable lenses. Among this category are the so-called bridge cameras, including those with SLR-style viewing.
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

St. Peter's Episcopal...

Post by scott »

Hi all -

Wife and I went for a walk in Lewes, DE yesterday evening. I'd loaded the Konica I rangefinder, but by the time we went (long story having to do with a disagreeable college student) it was too dark for film. Grabbed the Canon G9X Mk II, again, and headed out.

In Lewes (the first town in the first state) there's St. Peter's Episcopal Church. This building dates to the 1850-1880 era, but the congregation was started in 1680. Beautiful place, teeming with history. I *will* be going back with my 4x5 at some point. But, even with horrible light, handheld, I came away with a couple pictures that I think I was able to salvage:

I'm glad I had the digicam, was able to work on these in Delaware, rather than waiting to get home and process/scan. I will be shooting more digital here, I think, for practical reasons. I love shooting film, but sorting time for it is becoming difficult these days.

Enjoy.
Scott

PFMcFarland

Re: St. Peter's Episcopal...

Post by PFMcFarland »

Two very good renditions, Scott.

PF
Waiting for the light
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scott »

Thanks PF.
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by GrahamS »

I think that this is an instance where the choice between colour and B&W is made obvious by the red ribbons on the gateposts. They make a better colour image, but the shot without the ribbons makes a better B&W rendering. JMHO.
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

Very good results in the low light available, anyway it helped to avoid too much contrast and unwanted white pixels. The red colors in the first one came out nicely.
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scott »

Thanks guys. Graham, I agree about the red. The door picked that up as well, for me anyway.