A question from France:

Talk about rangefinder cameras, lenses and accessories.
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

A question from France:

Post by melek »

En Francaise:

OK, I received an e-mail today, and it's in French.

Here's the message:
Bonjour je viens d acheter un zeiss ikon tenax2 tout était OK declencheur vitesses armement et j ai essayé d utiluser mide bulb et la tour s est coincé le bras d armement bloqué en haut declencheur fonctionne plus j ai pourtant retourné bouton du declencheur avec les 2 points rouges rien à faire le mide bulb a tout bloqué pouvez vous m'aider ou le dire comment réparer ou si voys connaissez bon reparateur en France merci beaucoup d avance.

The Google translation is a bit rough:
Hello I just bought a zeiss ikon tenax2 everything was ok armament speeds and I tried to use mide bulb and the tower stuck the armament arm blocked at the top of the topnator works more I have returned nevertheless button with the 2 points Reds nothing to do the Bulb mide has blocked everything can you help me or say how to repair or if voys know good repair in France thank you very much in advance.

I was wondering if anyone who speaks French can understand the original message, and if anyone would like to take on this job.

I think this person is looking for someone who lives in France - or at least in Europe to service the camera.

If you're interested, let me know, and I'll put you in touch with this person.

-Mike Elek
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: A question from France:

Post by alexvaras »

There are quite a lot repairmen in France but I can’t recommend any myself.

If he doesn’t mind to send the camera to Spain, I cam do the job or at least try it what is going on.

He can contact me in my official camera repair email

info@alexvarascameras.com

I don’t speak French but I’m doing some cameras for a customer from France, if that helps to make a decision.
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

Thanks,, Alex - I was hoping you would say that. I also was hoping you spoke French, but oh well.

The Tenax 2 uses a Compur leaf shutter, so it's not that complicated. It sounds like there is some issue with the film advance lever, which also tensions the shutter.
-Mike Elek
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Tout est bien!

What would be a problem is if any of the Zeiss Ikon interlocks got broken. It seems the camera experienced a bit of user “force” in order to make it work. I might be wrong anyway.

I will be pleased of helping him and make the camera work again. Also I have a Sonnar lens for that camera, maybe I can make an upgrade!! :)