Upload your photos

Tips and detailed instructions for browsing and posting to the PhotographyToday.net Forums.
LarryD
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Upload your photos

Post by LarryD »

Thank you for keeping up the great work.

If we all saw the world the same no one would need a camera.
minoly
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by minoly »

Hello,

I've used the "imagizer" before. Today, I've put together a draft, saved it, and returned to add photos (I thought that I'd just use Photo Bucket but they have a pop-up disturbing their site) and I can't get the "browse" button. I am logged in and the top line shows it, but after the stuff about Smilies and BBcode, I get the message "not logged in". As I said, it has worked for me before; I've changed browser from Chrome to Firefox (Windows 7). Any ideas about what's going on?

Thanks,

Bill Delehanty
minoly
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by minoly »

Photo Bucket must have done some housecleaning so I was able to complete the post that way, so there's no hurry for me to get an answer. I can't figure out why I get that "not logged in" line at the side.

Bill Delehanty
AdminPTF
Amateur
Amateur

Post by AdminPTF »

ImageShack made a slight change in its API. I spoke with the guy who wrote this code for me, and we think that we have a way to fix it.

I'll roll it out later today after work.

Yes, I have a daytime job now after 18 months of not having a job.
Dennis Gallus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Dennis Gallus »

The "upload photos" option really came in handy today. I have not been able to log into photo.net for a month, so posting my usual way would not have been possible. Posting straight from my laptop worked flawlessly, thanks Mike.
Dennis Gallus
Hereford, Arizona USA
Bennybee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bennybee »

Great news. Thank you. Gonna try that in the W/NW right away...
kr,
Benny
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Upload photos from Apple OS-X 10.11.1

Post by GrahamS »

I have difficulty up-loading images from my iMac. I click on the "Choose file" button, point to the image file, click "Open", the file up=loads (and I can see the file name in the window next to the 'choose file ' button) but when I then click on the "Add the file" button, nothing happens. I have to copy and paste the filename into the reply dialog box and use HTML code. The screen does not appear as it does in your "Windows" tutorial

Any suggestions?

I'm using DVCFX2 style. I have noticed that if I use we.universal, there is no "Upload picture file" facility at all. and the "Style" button also disappears. There is no "Topic tools" button either. I haven't tried the other styles.
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

Graham,

With this style, it works differently.

When you upload an image, it's simply an attachment to your message. It places your attached image below your message - sort of like how APUG works when you attach an image.

So, with this style, select and upload your file, and that's all that you do. The "Place inline" button isn't needed and doesn't work (as you've discovered).

Your attached image should automatically appear under your message. Like it does below.

With the other styles, the "Attachment" tool is a tab under the message box.

Only Subsilver2 and DVGFX2 have the two attachment boxes under the editing field and work in the manner that I've described above.

-Mike
Attachments
Bilora_Bella_66_02.jpg
-Mike Elek
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by GrahamS »

Thanks for the prompt reply, Mike. Makes sense to me now.
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.