Horizont

Topics related to 35mm photography but not covered by the current categories.
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Horizont

Post by Julio1fer »

I have been Horizonting around the city, hunting for buildings and cityscapes. Which city, of course Montevideo in little Uruguay. This city label in Pocitos area bothers me. Are we applying for ISO 9000, that we must label everything?

The camera arrived some time ago from Russia. It took almost six months for the technician to get right those seals around the rotating turret, as I posted in Craig's forum. Here is the thing. You really should use that handle unless you want your fingernails to be part of the composition.

Solis theatre, recently restored

Congress building

The thrash in that beautiful Bella Vista dock is unbelieveable.

Power plant

I know other members have used panoramic cameras. What are your thoughts on the Horizons, Noblex and Hasselblad panoramics?

Film was FP4+ in Beutler.

Dennis Gallus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Horizont

Post by Dennis Gallus »

Hi, Julio,

Those are nice, sharp pictures. You appear to have some great architecture in Montevideo.

I'm impressed by the depth of focus in your shots. What is the focal length of the lens on that camera?

Best,
D
Dennis Gallus
Hereford, Arizona USA
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

ISO9000 labeling notwithstanding, you put that camera to good use, Julio. Splendid renditions of some very iconic structures.

PF
Waiting for the light
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

Thanks, Dennis and PF! The theater building was built at about the time of the American Civil War. Congress building was built much later, in 1925, with no expenses spared. The Congress interiors are really outstanding, if you except the occupants!

The lens is a 28mm. Aperture for these shots was f/11 in a sunny, clear afternoon. Focus is fixed in the Horizont, so you really need the DOF

I believe that the first models used a 50mm lens. As the turret rotates almost 180 degrees, I guess that angular coverage would be about the same with a 50mm - the difference is of course in the larger DOF of the 28mm.