Canon Demi EE1.7 Supplement: Color in Winter

When you want less than 24mm x 36mm.
minoly
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Canon Demi EE1.7 Supplement: Color in Winter

Post by minoly »

Color was missing from my earlier post about the Demi EE1.7. But from time to time since then, I’ve sneaked outside when it was “bright” or “cloudy bright” to find some color in our fairly drab winter. Following are some of the results. A combination of operator neglect and existing light must be to blame for more lighting adjustments in PSE than usual; other than that, the photos are pretty much what the Kodak 400 Max recorded.

* A normal streetscape for St. Paul in early winter. My eye seems to go right to the little spots of color.
WEBFr-0-1-Snow-House-Church.jpg
WEBFr-0-1-Snow-House-Church.jpg (514.67 KiB) Viewed 15476 times
* Rice Park downtown is nicely decorated and lighted for the holidays so the old Federal Courts Building gets a better view of things.
WEBLandmark-Center.jpg
WEBLandmark-Center.jpg (440.56 KiB) Viewed 15476 times
* This sculpture used to be mounted on an insurance company building near Prior and University in St. Paul’s Midway district. New owners must not have wanted it and St. Thomas University put it into a small sculpture garden on their South campus. I think it’s still identified as “The Family” which is the way I think the insurance company would have wanted it.
WEBFamily-Sculpture.jpg
WEBFamily-Sculpture.jpg (824.51 KiB) Viewed 15476 times
* Either the enclosed conservatory or the animal zoo are favorite winter spots at Como Park near where I live. But some of the outdoor structures, like this pergola, still brighten up the outdoors on a sunny day.
WEBPergola-at-Como.jpg
WEBPergola-at-Como.jpg (581.96 KiB) Viewed 15476 times
Other than finding the subject, winter photography with the Canon Demi EE1.7 seems to work well provided the operator makes adjustments for snow when needed and cancels them when not needed (you can probably figure out why I mention that). And convenience does count when it's cold and the wind's blowing.

Bill Delehanty
[edited 11/30/15 to restore lost images)
Last edited by minoly on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PFMcFarland

Re: Canon Demi EE1.7 Supplement: Color in Winter

Post by PFMcFarland »

You did good, Bill.

PF
Waiting for the light
Bennybee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bennybee »

Well done , Bill. I think the snow in those pictures doesn't look bad at all.
Philip
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Philip »

Very nice!
My Flickrs: http://www.flickr.com/flipflik (recent postings), or
- http://www.flickriver.com/photos/flipfl ... teresting/ (Flickr's calculation of my "most interesting" pics);
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/flipflik/s ... 879115542/ (what I like best).