Sony A7 &Canon 40mm 2.8

From digital manipulation and digital printing to understanding how to get the most out of your RAW images.
Martolod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Sony A7 &Canon 40mm 2.8

Post by Martolod »

Test Shots from a few days ago.Getting more and more impressed with that camera
Very Dark ,Cold and overcast day.Midwinter, Midday and around 5.0C.......not pleasant .and it was blowing a gale :crazy:

Garden Beds

Waiting

Abandoned Ferry Ramp

Old Lion's Flour Mill

Sharpness is a bourgeois concept ~ Cartier-Bresson
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

I had a chance to handle an A7. I liked how it feels. The electronic viewfinder seemed also to be very nice.

I think the recent Sony sensors tend to underexpose, but it's easy enough to correct in an image editor.
-Mike Elek
Martolod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Martolod »

yes is does tend to underexpose. i can correct that in camera with a little exposure compensation ,but generally i have my digital cameras set up to shoot something along the lines of Slide film. still tuning th settings on the Sony though, it's not quite where i want them to be just yet.
It was the 'Feel' o the camera that sold me as well.that and the fact i can put most lenses on the A7 that i have with relatively sheap adapters.and it's full frame. and its actually a relatively simple camera to use once you got it set up.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

We had five flour mills in my hometown, and none of them were made of brick. They eventually all burned down.

It's really hard to get a good exposure when shooting into the light like that, Kalle. You have to choose between the cloud detail, or the shadow detail. I've found it's easier to draw something out of the shadows, than the highlights, so you made a good choice there for post processing.

PF
Waiting for the light
Martolod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Martolod »

'We had five flour mills in my hometown, and none of them were made of brick. They eventually all burned down'

problem with our timber down here is ...well...it' s Feckin' Gnarly ,twisted and rock hard.
But we do have plenty of Clay ,beautifull ,fine grained, Red Red Clay.(Terra Rossa) and that's rock hard as well.when i dug out my Back yard i was getting sparks .....but this has just stirred a thought. i should document our Red Brick .it is rather iconic around here.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Would like to see that.

PF
Waiting for the light