Forum migration is complete!

'The F Stops Here' - What's New, plus comments and questions about the forums.
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Forum migration is complete!

Post by melek »

The forums have been successfully migrated to the new server, and everything appears to be intact, including links to photos, avatars, etc.

If you have trouble logging in:

1) Click the "Delete all board cookies" link at the bottom of the page. Click here to Delete all board cookies.

2) Clear your browser's cache. But don't delete cookies, because that can get messy.

3) Close your browser and restart.

The new server gives us unlimited storage space, so that means unlimited photo uploads. I think it's a slightly faster server, although phpBB already is a good piece of software in terms of responsiveness.

I increased the file size limit to 2MB per photo for uploads.

If anyone notices anything that doesn't seem right or is missing, please let me know ASAP!

-Mike Elek
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Forum migration is complete!

Post by Julio1fer »

I got in with the automatic log-on without any trouble. Well done!
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Forum migration is complete!

Post by melek »

I had a little bump in the road this morning. I've been holding off on updating the various extensions that add functionality to the board.

With the server migration complete, I decided it was time to take care of the extension updates (six of them). Replacing one of them caused the board to become unavailable, because there are steps you must do in a particular order to update an extension.

I've written myself a note so I remember the procedure in the future.

If anyone is running a phpBB forum: Disable extension, copy new files via FTP, re-enable extension, clear board cache.
-Mike Elek