Nikon S2 in Pulaski, VA

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
PFMcFarland

Nikon S2 in Pulaski, VA

Post by PFMcFarland »

June 7, 2018

I found myself in Pulaski, VA one day with some frames left of a roll of Ilford Delta 100 in a Nikon S2 with W-Nikkor.C 1:3.5 3.5cm. It was in the morning, so the light was from the east-southeast which I think the town looks its best in.

This first photo is a crew of movers slowly squeezing a large piece of manufacturing equipment into a factory.

With Inches To Spare by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Next, I was waiting in my vehicle at a railroad crossing, and decided to get a shot of the train as it entered the crossing, but there was traffic coming from the right, so I had to compromise a bit and got a diesel-on-diesel composition instead.

Convergence by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Lastly, I took a series of photos of the old hospital that sits on top of a hill just north of downtown Pulaski. They built the new one outside of town by the interstate for better access. The old compound looks like it dates back to the 1920's, with some newer additions, like a gazebo out front from the 1950's, and the last building being added in 1967. The whole place is for sale, but no takers so far.

Former Pulaski, VA Hospital 1 by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Former Pulaski, VA Hospital 2 by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Former Pulaski, VA Hospital 3 by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Former Pulaski, VA Hospital 4 by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Former Pulaski, VA Hospital 5 by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Former Pulaski, VA Hospital 6 by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Unfortunately, the place is so run down, even the trees are falling. Combined with the necessary environmental clean-up, and how much would have to be refitted to modern standards, it's doubtful anyone will ever come up with a good economic use to rehabilitate it.

PF

Waiting for the light
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Nikon S2 in Pulaski, VA

Post by alexvaras »

Very nice series Phil, I have enjoyed them on flickr being the last one my favorite.
PFMcFarland

Re: Nikon S2 in Pulaski, VA

Post by PFMcFarland »

Thanks, Alex. I almost didn't include it because it was so different from the rest.

PF
Waiting for the light