Canon Demi HF Camera and Fuji 400 Xtra Film

When you want less than 24mm x 36mm.
minoly
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Canon Demi HF Camera and Fuji 400 Xtra Film

Post by minoly »

Compact p&s cameras from the late 20th century are still selling for good prices or so I hear. People like them for their ease of use and good results as well as a change of pace from digital. I don't hear much about HF cameras doing the same, even though a few of them that came out in the late 80's fit the p&s description. Even a much earlier model, the Canon Demi, comes pretty close; you do have to set a zone focus and move an exposure needle to the right place. Recently either I or the seller made a mistake when I thought I was buying Fuji 200 film and what I got was Fuji Superia Xtra 400. Using it in the Demi I got what I thought was excellent color and resolution in the HF format when I was out in my neighborhood last Fall . The pictures I took looked fine to me up to 8x10 and the 18x24mm negative can be cropped sucessfully. I see 400 Xtra offered for sale online so combining it with a small HF can provide a lot of frames for a small price. I'll post a few photos from the combination I used. Note: I haven't posted on PT in a while so please excuse any "extras" that show up.

Bill Delehanty
edited subject line 3-14-20
Attachments
Town Talk.JPG
Donut-Great River PST.jpg
Como Struocture.JPG
Supatra Bldgs. v.02.jpg
Last edited by minoly on Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philip
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Demi and Fuji Make a Good Couple

Post by Philip »

Lovely pictures. I haven't used any of my half-frame cameras in a year or so . . . After seeing your post, I'm wondering why.

Philip
My Flickrs: http://www.flickr.com/flipflik (recent postings), or
- http://www.flickriver.com/photos/flipfl ... teresting/ (Flickr's calculation of my "most interesting" pics);
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/flipflik/s ... 879115542/ (what I like best).
LarryD
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by LarryD »

Darn good.
If we all saw the world the same no one would need a camera.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Not only are the subjects well photographed, Bill, but the Fuji Superia 400 is darn nice in half frame. Must be the scanning technique.

PF
Waiting for the light
minoly
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by minoly »

Philip, Larry, and Pf: Thanks for commenting. I'm going to try to post a photo from the same series to see if I can get rid of the extra stuff in the original post....I guess that it works best to drag and drop-- still has the "attachment title".
Bill Delehanty
Attachments
Rat's Nest Salonpst jpg.JPG