Leaks...

When medium format isn't big enough: 4x5, 5x7, 9x12, 8x10 and even larger.
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Leaks...

Post by scott »

Shot this a few days ago. Aside from the distortion from the wide angle closeup, I'm happy with this, as far as exposure and developing goes...
Imageimg072 by Scott, on Flickr
...except for the fricking leaks.

The large leak in the corner is from me sliding the dark slide between the holder and the camera. I knew it when I did it, but it signifies the major problem and, I believe, the root cause of the other leak: The holder isn't held tightly in the back. Springs seem too loose. I have another holder ready, which seems more robust and less likely to give me problems. I'm adding additional screws in the springs on the open end of the back to increase the tension there. Will try again after that and see if we're moving toward goodness...

epatsellis

Re: Leaks...

Post by epatsellis »

Yeah, but that’s the joy of large format photography, with so many fricking ways to screw up, any image is a success. LOL

Looks pretty good old friend.

PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

You'll get it working good soon, Scott. I've got faith in you.

PF

Waiting for the light
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scott »

Thanks Erie and PF. Taking the springs down further is still on my to-do list, but great news - I found some 18x24cm holders! Shipping today from Sweden, should be here in, I don't know, 18-24 months? :P

scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scott »

Update: The holders are in the US! Arrived to Chicago Sunday, made it to Indy this morning. Yeah - about, what, three hour trip in two days? Hoping they get here this week, but not holding my breath...