Ansco Super Regent

Talk about rangefinder cameras, lenses and accessories.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Ansco Super Regent

Post by alexvaras »

For me only heat works…

scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scott »

Quick update: the Regent (non Super) focus dial is perfectly smooth now. Again, stuck immovable for the last decade. Did not disassemble. Just dripped off a screwdriver the PB’Blaster into the joints along the edges of that dial over the course of a few days and worked in as it loosened. Will probably do that a few more times but so far, golden. Not much effect on the Super Regent yet, but haven’t been focused on that one.

Of course, the camera smells like gasoline now…

Videos forthcoming. Heading into outpatient…

scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scott »

And the secret is…

Heat. Like, real heat. I’ve had inconsistent and mediocre luck with an 110 watt hairdryer, but because I suddenly have need to shrink wrap electrical connectors, I decided to look at fer real heat guns. Luckily it’s pseudo Prime Day. Combined with the growth of eastern manufacturing, I can actually afford one now. Got it today, fired it up. And the helical turns. It’s not fixed yet, needs more heat and to be cleaned and lubricated, but This Is The Way.

melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

PB Blaster? I need to get some of that.

I am a fan of Agfa cameras from the 1950s and earlier. The Super Solinette is a nice camera and seems to be identical to the Super Regent. Agfa also did this wth the Isolettes in that it produced cameras for itself and Ansco.

My one gripe about many of the mid-range Agfa rangefinders is that the mechanism isn't as precise as I would like it to be.

Of course, the other gripe is the hardened grease.

-Mike Elek
titrisol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by titrisol »

scott wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:56 pm
Is the Solinette II the same as the Regent? I had it in my head a Regent was analogous to the Solinette. Very nice collection!
Yes the Regent = Solinette II
The differences between I and II is subtle mostly a square frame around the viewfirnder

If you can't fix it with a hammer... you got an electrical problem
even duct tape can't fix stupid.... but it can muffle it (SilentObserver)
My Flickr -ipernity
Thanks CE Nelson ;)