Before Color Film

Upcoming events, lights, tripods, camera bags and other topics that don't fit within one of the other categories.
RonB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Before Color Film

Post by RonB »

Found in the wall of our old house that is being demolished, I have a couple more that I found myself years back-- I'll look for them?
Note the hand writing on the back, details of colors to use.

Image Image

Dennis Gallus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Before Color Film

Post by Dennis Gallus »

Ron,

That is a very pretty young lady. One might question if the technician who did the tinting got it right or not--but then we all remember the differences between Kodachrome, Ekatachrome, Agfachrome, etc. And who's to say now which film "got it right". Ditto for digital cameras. I usually have a Ken Rockwell-like "Vivid" setting as my default. But on people pictures, I realize that it doesn't quite get it right either.

Anyway, thanks for posting a very pretty picture.

Dennis
Dennis Gallus
Hereford, Arizona USA
Philip
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Philip »

Having those notes for (or by) the colorist is really neat. Great picture.
My Flickrs: http://www.flickr.com/flipflik (recent postings), or
- http://www.flickriver.com/photos/flipfl ... teresting/ (Flickr's calculation of my "most interesting" pics);
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/flipflik/s ... 879115542/ (what I like best).
RonB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RonB »

Like I said, this photo was found in a wall of our old house by a man on the demolition crew and gave it to us. We have at least 3 more that came out of the walls when I was doing some remodeling.
Now this is where the story thickens.
We heard noises from the basement at O-dark-thirty last night. Our daughter has a room down there and we thought she making the noise. I had my eye patch on so my wife went down to check it out. Nothing happening down and the noise stopped.
This morning we told the daughter about it and she said that she also heard odd noise sometimes, mostly when my wife and I are gone, she said she heard walking footsteps and the likes.
So I told here maybe it was ghost coming from our old house and told her about the pictures I found in the wall, and the one shown here and that maybe they were having a family get to gather?
Then the wife said that we ought to get a priest to come in and do his thing.
I told her no, that we have enough homeless out there already.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

:lol: Yeah, you wouldn't want to be throwing out any ghosts just when the weather is starting to turn colder.

PF
Waiting for the light