Virginia Creeper

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
PFMcFarland

Virginia Creeper

Post by PFMcFarland »

I’d like to have one of these to travel the US, and have as a base of operations on photo safaris. Would sure cut down on the hotel bills.

Tons Of Fun by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Shining by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Not That Fast by P F McFarland, on Flickr

Toot! by P F McFarland, on Flickr

See more at https://flic.kr/s/aHskDHfqwo

PF

Nikon D80 with DX AF-S 18-105mm 1:3.5-5.6G ED VR @ 100ISO on Shutter Priority

Waiting for the light
minoly
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Virginia Creeper

Post by minoly »

You fooled me with that title, Phil! I'm starting to catch up on posts that I missed over the past couple months and I thought this would be about the plant. Anyway somebody had a clever idea for naming their private bus. I suppose it would solve the problem of "what camera should I take?"-- you'd just take them all.

Bill
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

That's right, Bill. Every single one.

The Virginia Creeper name was also given to the N&W passenger service on a branch line in southwest Virginia, due to the many curves and grades that demanded low speed limits. http://www.vacreepertrail.com/ part of which goes by the Green Cove Station, made famous in an O. Winston link photo of a horse bowing to the train.

PF
Waiting for the light
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

I had not noticed that it was for sale. Down here, this was a standard road bus model; I made many thousands of miles as a passenger in these buses.

As you say, an excellent base for expeditions if well fitted. Room inside for a full-blown wet darkroom and lots of gear.