Well........this kinda sucks

If you need to unleash a rant or just have something that you want to say, you can post it here. It doesn't have to be about photography.
Martolod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well........this kinda sucks

Post by Martolod »

hi guys
it has been a few weeks since i have been on the Forum ....and things have become somewhat interesting :shock:
For those who are not in the know through Facebook....

about 3 weeks ago i was bitten by a spider; that simple event set in motion or rather , uncovered , a chain of events that i am part of as an unwilling and ,for that matter , unaware , participant.
As things went , the bite site became necrotised and required antibiotics to treat. 2 subsequent hospital visits because of chest pain and breathing difficulties discovered Pulmonary Embolisms by the dozen in my both lungs and got a prescription of Blood thinners .
The following Day a third visit to another emergency room found DVT in both calves and got me admitted to hospital.Meanwhile the spider bite is still festering. So after just after getting admitted my Stomach and bowels let loose vomiting and discharging blood. I lost half my Heamoglobin level in less than 6 hours , so endoscopy and Laparoscopy are ordered for the next day once i'm Stable. and still the Spider bite is festering, but being treated well with antibiotics.
So the procedure is done. and the Spider bite , that had turned into a Carbunkle is clean,although it will need some further surgery after a few days to finally get rid of all the necrotic tissue-but all is sweet .
BUT.....always a 'but'......the Endoscopy has discovered that i have a Stage 4 inoperable Adenocancer of the Stomach and the cancer has started to spread into the perineum and adjacent structures, with the prognosis being that i will be occupying a little brass Urn somewhat sooner than i had anticipated :-|
Having said that....i will continue to stick my head into the forum and moderate as i am able for as long as i am around.And i might post a picture or two..... :thumbup:

so cheer up guys.....not quite dead yet. :lol:

Sharpness is a bourgeois concept ~ Cartier-Bresson
LarryD
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Well........this kinda sucks

Post by LarryD »

So sad to hear but at the same time I want you to know that I am your friend to the end.

If we all saw the world the same no one would need a camera.
Martolod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Martolod »

Thank You , Larry.

OpenWater
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by OpenWater »

No, it doesn't kinda suck. It sucks. I hope that I will have your clarity and courage as I confront the high dive I'll have to take someday.
With best wishes,
Mike

Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

Sad to learn this. We are with you! Best wishes.

PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

That totally sucks. Like from the frying pan to the fire sucks. I don't know what else to say, Kalle, but it has been great knowing you through this forum. I'll be awaiting further missives from you.

All the best,

PF

Waiting for the light
jamesmck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jamesmck »

I am so sorry to hear this. Hope you are able to keep your spirits high.
Warm regards,
James

James McKearney
LarryD
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by LarryD »

I have his clarity I saw 2 go to Dementia and many to self destruction. I know this may seem odd vut record it on film and keep recording other things on film.

If we all saw the world the same no one would need a camera.
Martolod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Martolod »

not odd at all Larry...makes perfect sense

Brazile
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Brazile »

That's an awful blow. Best wishes for you and yours.

Robert