Rada film holder + Lenses

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Rada film holder + Lenses

Post by alexvaras »

My first "field" photo shooting, I went to a low transited street with a nice view of my favourite building around and I "planted" this:
IMG_2130.JPG
Medalist II + Film back holder + Extension unit + Rada film holder.

All focusing has been done through ground glass and an LCD Viewfinder magnifier. Film Kodak Trix-x pan ASA 320 expired 1988 shot as ASA 40.
Light metering with the extension unit was adding 1 stop to the first metering with ASA 40.
This shooting was very useful, the aim was to test the Rada and it works fine, no light leaks at all.
image.jpeg
Test done! Only one minus, the winding has to be done turning (tight) inwards, happened at home that winding not this way the roll can loose the inner screw, I could fix it putting the holder in my dark "room" bag, fixing it and I continued shooting.

Second was to test Telek -2 and Telek -4 lenses, only I could do photos with the Telek -2 and one extension unit attached. Telek -4 and two extension units could not focus infinite or any other thing, I guess I need the third extension unit or a Telek -3.

Normal view, Rada 6x9 film holder.

Plus Telek -2 and one extension unit.

Plus yellow k1 filter.

At home was time to test Portra lenses,
+1

+2

+3

Last shot, no wife at home, the commode is invaded of ongoing projects. Portra +3, not 100% focused as I wanted.

So test successful and I have already a close-up (macro) camera 6x9, I will take the Telek -3 and another extension unit when they show up.
One missed test was a portrait with the Telek, I want that effect of very far away background from the subject, next time.

Thank you for watching.

PFMcFarland

Re: Rada film holder + Lenses

Post by PFMcFarland »

Rats. Now that I know one can get such cool accessories, Alex, I have an urge for a Medalist II! Maybe it will pass. The lovely results you've gotten with your camera aren't helping though.

PF
Waiting for the light
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by GrahamS »

Superb images, Alex. Bravo!
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.
Bennybee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bennybee »

Cool accessories, Alex! Please tell me some more about that 'LCD viewfinder magnifier' thing... I am intrigued.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Thank you guys!

Steve, it's the cheap option from the advice I got from the man I bought the Nagaoka 45, for helping the focusing with the ground glass get the torret viewfinder from a Saliot (soviet hassel) but even those where above $20, but I needed a cheaper options, this one came up when I was looking at my favorite second hand web.
IMG_0735.JPG
IMG_0735.JPG (12.19 KiB) Viewed 11031 times
It has x2.8 magnification and fits well both medalist (perfect) and nagaoka ground glasses,its clear brigth and ai got mine for $4 (eye cover rubber a bit off). Per results it seems it can do the job and it has a nice strap for neck and leave your hands free.
Bennybee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bennybee »

Cool, thanks Alex.