Tessar or Sonnar T

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
Santiago Montenegro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Tessar or Sonnar T

Post by Santiago Montenegro »

Wow, thanks a lot, Alex. I am in love with Tessars and Sonnars since year dot.

Alex, you are very generous. I'll see how I can do something similar for this group.

alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Santiago Montenegro wrote:Wow, thanks a lot, Alex. I am in love with Tessars and Sonnars since year dot.

Alex, you are very generous. I'll see how I can do something similar for this group.
Thank you Santiago and all from the forum who gave me advices, tips, challenges, etc. I hope continuing this kind of riddles in the future when I find a nice FSU camera in perfect condition.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

alexvaras wrote:
Santiago Montenegro wrote:Wow, thanks a lot, Alex. I am in love with Tessars and Sonnars since year dot.

Thank you Santiago and all from the forum who gave me advices, tips, challenges, etc. I hope continuing this kind of riddles in the future when I find a nice FSU camera in perfect condition.
That could take a while.

PF
Waiting for the light
Santiago Montenegro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Santiago Montenegro »

And it's here! Life's been strange lately, but I saw a sign. The Lubitel came in the same box with my backpack, so I guess it will have to come with me to el Camino de Santiago next month. Thanks, Alex, your camera and I are heading for your homeland!
IMG_3316.JPG
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

Alex, you are having a lot of fun with that Contax IIa.

The Tessar and Sonnar definitely have their own look. The Tessar has sharper out-of-focus areas, and when you shoot at about f/5.6 at a medium distance of about 3 meters (or 9 feet), you can get the swirly background.

I am almost moved in although I've yet to set up my office, so nearly all of my cameras are in various boxes or bins in the office and in the basement (regulated with a dehumdifier and not sitting directly on the floor).
-Mike Elek
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Santiago Montenegro wrote:And it's here! Life's been strange lately, but I saw a sign. The Lubitel came in the same box with my backpack, so I guess it will have to come with me to el Camino de Santiago next month. Thanks, Alex, your camera and I are heading for your homeland!

IMG_3316.JPG
Everyone around is doing that trip but me XD I think its time to take some time and do it next spring, but I want to do it by bike at my rhythm, I don't care about the "compostela"
When I checked the speeds I found out the 250 is kinda 125, lower you go more accurate its.
I hope you can shoot it during the trip, its perfect for it, it has enough quality (my opinion) and it doesn't care if something happens to it :D I mean there are a lot where this came from :D
melek wrote:Alex, you are having a lot of fun with that Contax IIa.

The Tessar and Sonnar definitely have their own look. The Tessar has sharper out-of-focus areas, and when you shoot at about f/5.6 at a medium distance of about 3 meters (or 9 feet), you can get the swirly background.

I am almost moved in although I've yet to set up my office, so nearly all of my cameras are in various boxes or bins in the office and in the basement (regulated with a dehumdifier and not sitting directly on the floor).
Yes :), Im waiting the finder for the 85/135, mean while I will load and shoot some photos with that setting with the Tessar looking that bokeh :) Thanks for the tip.

Btw, I found this at my dealers house, I need to test it when the finder arrives. The lenses are original from Zeiss factory, I already collimated the lens with a very small shim and now I need to test the whole set.
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender1.jpg