Monochrome Magic

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
jamesmck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Monochrome Magic

Post by jamesmck »

OpenWater wrote:You've avoided all the HDR clichés by converting it to monochrome.
I don't think it's just monochrome; Graham was gentle in doing it. I have seen lots of garrish monochrome HDRs.
-- James

James McKearney
Martolod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Martolod »

I don't think it's just monochrome; Graham was gentle in doing it. I have seen lots of garrish monochrome HDRs.
-- James

i believe that HDR, like cooking with herbs and potent Spices should be a study in subtlety and understatement,rather than in in face.
Sharpness is a bourgeois concept ~ Cartier-Bresson
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by GrahamS »

There are two genres of HDR. One is demonstrated by the example that I have posted here, which is to acheive a wider dynamic range than can be had with a single exposure. Used correctly, the use of "HDR" post processing should not be obvious apart from enhancing the quality of the final print. The other genre is HDR "in your face" where the effect of combining multiple exposures is exagerated in post processing to give a surreal effect to the image. Both genres require great skill to be done properly.

Thank you all for the compliments.
GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.