Hasselblad 500 c/m - Mixed

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Hasselblad 500 c/m - Mixed

Post by alexvaras »

Thank you :)

Its interesting how it is going the experiment to shoot people here at the street, not candid photo but asking for permission, one a friend said if someone would ask this to her, she would think Im an stalker/maniac.
So far I remember to have asked:
4 girls, one said yes.
2 couples, one said yes.
2 families, one said yes.
Two or more colleagues (male) working on the street, at least 5 pictures, 100% said yes.

What do you think would be the result of this in the places that you live?

Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

It depends a lot on the places and the moods. I have kept no statistics!
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

I think you've noticed the lack of people in my photos. But then I'm not a portraitist. You might get better responses by offering a free print, or at least giving them a business card to be able to contact you later. You might give away a lot of prints, but then you could also build up a base of repeat customers, and be on your way to a new career!

PF
Waiting for the light
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

I don't give prints or business cards (I haven't ), bit I do write their email send them the result.
So far no one asked for a second time :)
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

This weekend is being the hottest of all summer so far, temperatures will start fall next week and rain along it.
Two candid photos, same boulevard where people go after work in their way home, two similarities, an ice-cream and a friend to talk to.

After work: shade and ice-cream.

Shade with a friend and ice-cream.

As usual people show their skills for coins, this time was a giant bubble maker and I was able to shot one.
Flying bubble.

This is what is left of an old red brick house, I need to check out the story of the place and find a better angle.
ImageRed brick house and gate.

I'm starting to enjoy the Hassy, now I was trying a 90 degree view prism, composition is much quicker but a lost more heavy :D
Thank you for watching.
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

Another nice series. Alex. That lens is a very impressive one. I like the tones on the brick house. What film are you using?

You caught the soap bubble, that subject would need a high shutter speed and sharp focus.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

The chimney finder should help with the focusing as it eliminates any extraneous light striking the focus screen. And like I said before, that camera will build your muscles! Excellent subjects and captures again, Alex.

PF
Waiting for the light
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Julio1fer wrote:Another nice series. Alex. That lens is a very impressive one. I like the tones on the brick house. What film are you using?
You caught the soap bubble, that subject would need a high shutter speed and sharp focus.
Thank you Julio, the film is acros 100, I have left one...
For the bubble yes, pretty hard to do it, the bubble goes with the wind and takes you out of focus quickly, I guess with a higher ASA I could do it much better.
PFMcFarland wrote:The chimney finder should help with the focusing as it eliminates any extraneous light striking the focus screen. And like I said before, that camera will build your muscles! Excellent subjects and captures again, Alex.
PF
Thank you Phil, I don't know muscles but my back/neck suffers, Im going to ask my friend to do a wide strap for the hassy :)
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

More portraits with the Hassy.

A new way of Darwin's natural selection, electric scooters for rent. They are new in Moscow since this summer and in every post you can find the person who helps the customers with the payment and renting, no matter the weather they are on spot, unluckily for this one, his post was not at shade.
Electric scooters

At the History Festival, one of the organisers waiting the person this reenact, straw dolls.
Waiting

Two girls offering some tea samples.
Free tea girls

Thats all atm, thank you for watching.
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

I like your street portraits, Alex.