CoronaVirus Pandemonium

If you need to unleash a rant or just have something that you want to say, you can post it here. It doesn't have to be about photography.
PFMcFarland

Re: CoronaVirus Pandemonium

Post by PFMcFarland »

Well, you won't be going thirsty for a while, Scott.

Had to take the vehicle in for a "Power Control Module update". They didn't design the heads correctly to deal with the thermal stresses of "Auto Stop-Start". Something to do with the integration of the turbo with the exhaust manifold, but Ford won't admit it. Anyway, they didn't even have to take it into the shop, just left it in the drop-off lane, and used a dongle to flash the system. It makes the electric water pump run for a while after shutting the engine down.

They covered the seat with plastic, and laid down a paper floor mat in an attempt to assuage any fears I might have that one of their techs would contaminate my vehicle. Then they left it all in there for me to dispose of. Thanks, Ford!

On Sunday I took a small ride to get some photos of places I had missed before because of film transport issues (processed a blank roll after the counter stopped on 40). I had a roll I had started the week before, but only got two frames exposed before the rains set in again, and I wanted to use it up before any lock-down could occur. It was perfect timing too as I read the news reports that evening that such a thing actually was initiated.

PF

Waiting for the light
P C Headland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by P C Headland »

Well, things changed pretty quickly here. No unnecessary travel today then lockdown on midnight Wednesday for four weeks. We'll only be allowed out for food and pharmacy shopping, medical treatment and exercise.

At least it will give the supermarkets a chance to re-stock. There's no shortages of anything, they just couldn't get goods onto the shelves quick enough. Supermarkets were selling enough each day to support 10 million people (there's less than 5 million here...) One bottle shop (liquor store) saw sales up 1800%!

Anyway, take care everyone.
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Julio1fer »

We had our first case March 13 and the government took immediate actions. Schools and universities closed, non-essential workers go home. Already there is a recession looming because many small service firms are closing. Those of us over 65 have to stay home unless we have a good reason to go out. OK with me as I am having a flu, hopefully only a flu.

Best part of it is an idiot fashion designer that came from Italy with a fever and went to a high-society wedding the same night after arrival. Later on she was tested and found positive. Half the cases detected here came from that wedding!

As for the paper thing - somehow people think this is a diarrhea virus? A cartoon showed a doctor telling a patient that he got a positive, the patient answers: "How can that be if I have 700 rolls of toilet paper?"

Another one making the rounds is an older woman stopping a youngster with a cart full to the hilt and giving him a sermon on community behavior, humanity and values. The answer "I fully agree, Madam. Please let me restock the shelves, I work here".
LarryD
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by LarryD »

We are running out of food to give to the needy.
If we all saw the world the same no one would need a camera.
titrisol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by titrisol »

Same in Ecuador, 50% of the cases come from a wedding that people came from Italy to attend
Julio1fer wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 pm
We had our first case March 13 and the government took immediate actions. Schools and universities closed, non-essential workers go home. Already there is a recession looming because many small service firms are closing. Those of us over 65 have to stay home unless we have a good reason to go out. OK with me as I am having a flu, hopefully only a flu.

Best part of it is an idiot fashion designer that came from Italy with a fever and went to a high-society wedding the same night after arrival. Later on she was tested and found positive. Half the cases detected here came from that wedding!

As for the paper thing - somehow people think this is a diarrhea virus? A cartoon showed a doctor telling a patient that he got a positive, the patient answers: "How can that be if I have 700 rolls of toilet paper?"

Another one making the rounds is an older woman stopping a youngster with a cart full to the hilt and giving him a sermon on community behavior, humanity and values. The answer "I fully agree, Madam. Please let me restock the shelves, I work here".
If you can't fix it with a hammer... you got an electrical problem
even duct tape can't fix stupid.... but it can muffle it (SilentObserver)
My Flickr -ipernity
Thanks CE Nelson ;)
LarryD
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by LarryD »

I went out and took a long walk being the only person out I got some interesting shots.
https://jmp.sh/HbtIeK2
Philip
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Philip »

Larry, wonderful, but sad and sobering, pictures. Have the homeless people left the area?
My Flickrs: http://www.flickr.com/flipflik (recent postings), or
- http://www.flickriver.com/photos/flipfl ... teresting/ (Flickr's calculation of my "most interesting" pics);
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/flipflik/s ... 879115542/ (what I like best).
LarryD
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by LarryD »

No sir as I work with them everyday. I work for a church that feeds the homeless and disadvantaged. As for the ones there in those photos well they come and go.
Philip
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Philip »

Keep up the Good Work, Larry. And stay safe, all of us.

My Flickrs: http://www.flickr.com/flipflik (recent postings), or
- http://www.flickriver.com/photos/flipfl ... teresting/ (Flickr's calculation of my "most interesting" pics);
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/flipflik/s ... 879115542/ (what I like best).
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

Yeah, things are definitely weird. In New Jersey, we have this lockdown, but it seems like many people are ignoring it. I usually go to the office one day a week, and there still seems to be a lot of people driving around.

I had to go to Walmart, and it's one of those Super Walmarts. The line went all the way to the back of the store.

I had a mask, and then I got a nosebleed while standing in line. Luckily, I had a napkin in my pocket (I'm like an old woman now), so I stuffed it into the mask.

If others had seen my nosebleed, they probably would have panicked. I can't wait until this is over.
-Mike Elek