Kodak Medalist II

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
BillyBob
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Kodak Medalist II

Post by BillyBob »

alexvaras wrote:The camera feels fine hanged on a shoulder or neck, it's heavy yes, but for a walk should be enough.
Nice strap! It suits the camera case very well.

That patch is very nicely done too.

Bill

PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

What Bill said.

PF
Waiting for the light
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

Two photos I don't know which thread to place, so here :)

Wind at high clouds

Sunset sun at dacha plus hydrangeas.
ImageHydrangeas at dacha

Thank you for watching.
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

The Kodak Medalist II is a bit of a "beastie." I sold mine about 10 years ago and recently purchased another that is in so-so condition.

Alex - you inspired me to buy another of these. You get either the credit or the blame. :lol:

Unlike the Germans and Japanese, the 1940s and 1950s Kodak cameras were big and utilitarian with very good lenses but awkward mechanics.
-Mike Elek
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by alexvaras »

melek wrote:The Kodak Medalist II is a bit of a "beastie." I sold mine about 10 years ago and recently purchased another that is in so-so condition.

Alex - you inspired me to buy another of these. You get either the credit or the blame. :lol:

Unlike the Germans and Japanese, the 1940s and 1950s Kodak cameras were big and utilitarian with very good lenses but awkward mechanics.
Both of them of course, "no problemo amigo" 8-)
My one have the fast speeds halved, keeping that in mind and clean lenses is a good-to-go, really I feel the same "nothing-can-go-wrong" shooting the Medalist II as with the Hassy or Contax IIa. It might feel clumsy when shooting but I have learnt already to trust the lens and what is capable.