Spring Break

When medium format isn't big enough: 4x5, 5x7, 9x12, 8x10 and even larger.
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Spring Break

Post by scott »

Hi all -

My son was home for spring break the last week, goes back tomorrow. Pointed the 4x5 at him today, just like old times.

Imageimg031 by Scott, on Flickr

Imageimg032 by Scott, on Flickr

The first is through a German Petzval, the second a Nikkor 150. Both on FP4+.

The dog was being atypically sedate, so I tried to shoot him, too. He moved, but the photo is him.

ImageWInnie by Scott, on Flickr

More sheet film shot in the last week or so than in the last several years. Having fun.

Thanks for looking,
Scott

PFMcFarland

Re: Spring Break

Post by PFMcFarland »

You need a lot of light, and to be quick on the trigger for dogs, unless you train them to hold still. And there are no squirrels in the vicinity. Still, you caught Winnie's general nature, always on watch for whatever is out there. I like the looks of both lenses on your son's portraits, and the tighter composition on the second one.

PF

Waiting for the light
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Spring Break

Post by scott »

Thanks PF. Winnie was holding stock still for the longest time, and is usually shy when you point a camera at him, so I was hopeful. This was with the Petzval and a Packard; when the shutter slapped open he moved. Drat it all.

With everything going on in the world, my son's school shut down for the semester and has gone to distance learning only. He's about halfway home now. My daughter's school has done similar, but they're working toward starting on campus classes again middle of April. We'll see. But I'll have my favorite subjects home again.