Lucky shot - ET caught on film!

Talk about single-lens reflex cameras, lenses and accessories.
Post Reply
P C Headland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:20 am
Contact:

Lucky shot - ET caught on film!

Post by P C Headland »

I bought a 30.5m bulk roll of Lucky SHD100 from Aliexpress on a whim, rationalising if nothing else it would be good to have a cheap film that I cold use when testing cameras and general photographic experimentation.

I loaded a 12 shot roll for an initial EI test developed in Rodinal 1+50, shooting -2, -1, 0, +1, +2. One stop over and one under looked fine, even the two stops over was more than usable for scanning. Shadow detail was somewhat lacking, as expected, in the two stops under frame. Good detail, a clear base and negatives that dried really flat.

Next up I shot another short roll to try in 510-Pyro to see how it went in that developer, shot at EI 100 in the Canon FTb. I had the 100mm f2.8 lens on the camera with an orange filter as I had in mind some wide open shots.

Along my walk, I came across ET:
ET Close to Home
ET Close to Home
And I then found Bart:
Steely Eyed Bart
Steely Eyed Bart
And a couple of other interesting characters:
Rocket Powered Pensioner
Rocket Powered Pensioner
Iron Age Dinosaur
Iron Age Dinosaur


P C Headland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:20 am
Contact:

Re: Lucky shot - ET caught on film!

Post by P C Headland »

I quite like this film - it's not only a good-for-the-price film, it's a genuinely nice film, especially developed in 510-Pyro (20c, 18 minutes, 30 seconds initial inversion, then 5 seconds of inversions every 7 minutes). I might have to order some more bulk rolls! Ilford film prices have just gone up quite a bit and Kentmere supply is currently a bit sporadic, so this is quite an opportune discovery.

View over the city
Wellington
Wellington
View over to the South Island's snow capped Tapuae-o-Uenuku (2,885 m, about 125km away from where I was standing in the North Island)
Tapuae-o-Uenuku
Tapuae-o-Uenuku
Local Domestic Architecture
Roger Walker Style
Roger Walker Style
I Like Shadows
Shadows
Shadows


Brazile
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:22 am
Contact:

Re: Lucky shot - ET caught on film!

Post by Brazile »

Glad to know there's an inexpensive option again. Seems like the quality is decent, which used to be so hit and miss. Thanks for trying it and letting us know about it!

Robert


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests