Search found 2286 matches

by PFMcFarland
Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:35 am
Forum: The Fix-It Forum
Topic: Kiev 35A
Replies: 5
Views: 353

Re: Kiev 35A

I don't like the looks of that green resistor and whatever that glop is between it and the three terminals.

PF
by PFMcFarland
Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:27 am
Forum: Rangefinders
Topic: Mike’s Tessar 40mm
Replies: 5
Views: 1809

Re: Mike’s Tessar 40mm

Thanks PF! IIRC the theoretical normal lens for 24x36 is 43mm, so 40 is close enough. The only problem is that there are not too many RF viewfinders with an accurate 40mm field, so approximations are needed. One camera with a 40mm FOV viewfinder that comes to mind is the Rollei 35 RF (a Cosina Voig...
by PFMcFarland
Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:14 am
Forum: SLRs and Rangefinders
Topic: New Old Stuff
Replies: 6
Views: 918

Re: New Old Stuff

Julio1fer wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 18, 2026 5:07 pm
Good work with the D80, PF, and very glad to see your posts again.
Thanks, Julio. I'm getting that itch again to get out whenever I feel like it.

PF
by PFMcFarland
Fri Sep 11, 2026 9:26 pm
Forum: SLRs and Rangefinders
Topic: New Old Stuff
Replies: 6
Views: 918

Re: New Old Stuff

Well, I know it. I'm working on doing something similar; I have a demanding volunteer position that I'm hoping to pass on to someone else in the spring. In the meanwhile, a busy summer has meant little photography (except for a bit of sports shooting that was done on request) but I'm hoping it's al...
by PFMcFarland
Mon Sep 07, 2026 3:36 pm
Forum: Words/No Words
Topic: Las Bardenas Reales
Replies: 6
Views: 72301

Re: Las Bardenas Reales

That group you were with sounds like the camera club I joined for a little while. They all had switched to digital, and the usual winner of the monthly photo contest was the guy who always over saturated his photos, especially if there was a lot of green in them. I tried to extol in them the virtues...
by PFMcFarland
Mon Sep 07, 2026 3:22 pm
Forum: SLRs and Rangefinders
Topic: New Old Stuff
Replies: 6
Views: 918

Re: New Old Stuff

What a nice set of projects. Glad you're getting back out there, PF! Robert Thanks, Robert. I'm doing better physically these days and have reduced my commitments to other functions in order to free up some me time so I can get back to enjoying photography. There's nothing like being able to choose...
by PFMcFarland
Mon Sep 07, 2026 3:12 pm
Forum: Small Format
Topic: Itsy bitsy teeny tiny little negatives
Replies: 6
Views: 682

Re: Itsy bitsy teeny tiny little negatives

Big results from such a tiny camera! Good work on fixing the leak and scratch issues too, Paul.

PF
by PFMcFarland
Mon Sep 07, 2026 2:19 am
Forum: SLRs and Rangefinders
Topic: New Old Stuff
Replies: 6
Views: 918

New Old Stuff

It's been a minute since I last posted anything. I'll try to make up for it with a triple subject post as I'd likely get kicked off again making more than one. One of my favorite cameras I've ever owned was the Nikon D80. It was my first DSLR and I hoped it would make a fine companion for my Coolpix...
by PFMcFarland
Fri Sep 04, 2026 9:10 pm
Forum: Rangefinders
Topic: Mike’s Tessar 40mm
Replies: 5
Views: 1809

Re: Mike’s Tessar 40mm

Having used cameras with 40mm lenses either built-in or interchangeable, I'd have to say that it is a very useful focal length. Those are some lovely results, Julio.

PF