Cameras you wish you still had

Talk about single-lens reflex cameras, lenses and accessories.
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Cameras you wish you still had

Post by melek »

I've bought and sold a lot of cameras through the years. There are some that I wish I had kept.

I wish I still had my Pentax MX. I bought it new in 1978. Later, I sold it to my brother so I could start fresh and buy into Nikon. The thought never occurred to me that you could own more than one SLR system. My brother later sold it to a friend of mine, who as far as I know still has it but hasn't used it in years.

I sort of regret selling my XPan, although I didn't use it that much, and I needed the money at the time (a recurring theme).

I would like to get back my original Rolleiflex Automat with a Xenar.

I wish I still had the Leica M6 so I could sell it again. Same goes for the Kodak Super Six-20. :-D

-Mike Elek
PFMcFarland

Re: Cameras you wish you still had

Post by PFMcFarland »

Well, in keeping with the theme of the forum section, the only 35mm SLR I wish I still had was my original Nikkormat FTn. I've replaced it with others, but it had sentimental value over anything else I've ever owned.

PF
Waiting for the light
LarryD
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by LarryD »

My Speed Graphic but in 35mm it would be my F2.
If we all saw the world the same no one would need a camera.
RonB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RonB »

My Crown Graphic with the red bellows, it stayed in the basement for some years and finally sold it on the Nelson site.
Now wish that I had kept it as a shelf queen.

Ron B
RonB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RonB »

35mm-- my leica III?G. I gave it to an old Army buddy years back. Or the Nikon FE W/an assortment of lens. Gave that one to my Grandson while he was taking a photography class in high school.{ he went digital}
Brian
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Brian »

I still have the camera that I used when I was 8. A Kodak Instamatic 150. And the first 35- a Minolta Hi-Matic 9, bought in 1969. Polaroid 104- Dad got it in 1966, gave it to me when I gave him an SX-70. that one came back when I gave him a Sonar...

My wife told me, "If you use it, keep it. If you like it, keep it. If you don't use it and don't like it- sell it". I have a lot of cameras.
Santiago Montenegro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Santiago Montenegro »

I have sold a grand total of three cameras during all my lifetime! Of those, I miss two: My Contarex and my Leica IIIC.
Brian
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Brian »

There are lenses that I sold that I wish I still had. The Olympus 50/1.4 in OM mount. Just could not warm up to the camera, and traded it and lenses for a Contax IIa. Not long ago, started buying inexpensive SLR to Leica mount adapters- and made an RF cam for them.
Santiago Montenegro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Santiago Montenegro »

Brian, I just ordered a Nikon to M adapter with the same bad intention... Could you please guide me a little bit in the cam-making process?