What tha what?!

If you need to unleash a rant or just have something that you want to say, you can post it here. It doesn't have to be about photography.
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

What tha what?!

Post by scott »

Hi all -

Okay, so last night we were watching the news, waiting for a Hallmark Christmas movie to come on (yes, it was a slow TV/NHL night for us). During the last segment on that program, they were talking about nanobots of some sort. Wasn't really paying attention. But the graphic they threw on the screen during this talk?

ImageIMG_9997 by Scott, on Flickr

Not only are they showing the little 'bot through a reversed 135 lens (loupe-style, as I use), but it's a Helios 44M-4!!!

My wife issued several grumbilng grunts while I was geeking out over this. I'd like to think the photographer had this M42 mount lens lying around in the studio when shooting this, had they idea for the shot, and grabbed whatever lens they could find, but more likely, someone Photoshopped this together and the first lens image they could find on Getty was this. Nonetheless, pretty cool that this lens was on the news last night!

Scott

scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: What tha what?!

Post by scott »

Yeah - stock image. Did a google image search (I'm not posting the stock image on flickr - seems like a big copyright no-no), it's used all over, different background and the right hand added later.
PFMcFarland

Re: What tha what?!

Post by PFMcFarland »

That's not quite as bad as the YouTubers who use stock footage that has no relationship to the story they are telling.

PF
Waiting for the light