Keep getting kicked off the Forum

Post here if you encounter technical problems related to the forum. See a spammer? Report it here.
PFMcFarland

Keep getting kicked off the Forum

Post by PFMcFarland »

Okay, I've been gone from the site for a while, but it seems a bit buggy to me now. It kept kicking me off no matter what I did, so then I realized there is a "Remember Me" button at the log-in, so I selected that and it appeared my problems were over. That is until it started kicking me off again. Anyone else been having problems with this? I have switched browsers from Firefox to MS Edge, so maybe that could be the problem, only I don't have any such issues with any other forum I log-on to.

PF

Waiting for the light
alexvaras
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: Keep getting kicked off the Forum

Post by alexvaras »

All fine with my browsing in the forum, maybe once every some months to login again but “Remeber me” works fine, using Safari and Firefox

titrisol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by titrisol »

PF, you aren't alone in that, I tried edge for a few weeks but made me mad due to such issues

I guess there is a configuration isede that could be changed but I didn't bother looking for it and returned to the good-ole Firefox

If you can't fix it with a hammer... you got an electrical problem
even duct tape can't fix stupid.... but it can muffle it (SilentObserver)
My Flickr -ipernity
Thanks CE Nelson ;)
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

titrisol wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:14 am
PF, you aren't alone in that, I tried edge for a few weeks but made me mad due to such issues

I guess there is a configuration isede that could be changed but I didn't bother looking for it and returned to the good-ole Firefox
Well, right after I started this thread it cleared up, no issues whatsoever. Could have just been a temporary glitch. I got rid of Firefox because they didn't keep up with the Internet changes, causing me all sorts of grief.

PF

Waiting for the light
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Okay, it happened again just a few moments ago. No matter how many times I logged back in to try and reply to a thread it just kept kicking me out until I completely dumped the Tab, then logged in again. If you see this post, then the issue was not related to posting replies to more than one thread.

PF

Waiting for the light
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by GrahamS »

I sometimes have a different issue - the site kiks me off, but when I try to log in, it will say "Incorrect username or password." I have to have my password reset. Every time.

GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by melek »

I'll take a look and see why that is. With these forums, it usually has to do with the cookies. I'll dig in and see what's up.

-Mike Elek
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by GrahamS »

melek wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:40 am
I'll take a look and see why that is. With these forums, it usually has to do with the cookies. I'll dig in and see what's up.
Thanks Mike.

GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Thanks, Mike. It seems to be very intermittent, with no rhyme or reason as to why it happens.

PF

Waiting for the light
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

It continues. I thought maybe it was because of which button I was using for "Forum Home", but that only proved to be a non-issue. Thursday evening, I got kicked off continuously, no matter what sequence I used for logging on (pushing the "Remember Me" button or not). Just got kicked off again after replying to a post by Julio (reply went through, but when I hit "Forum Home" I got dumped). It's getting very aggravating to say the least.

PF

Waiting for the light