1950 Packard of uncertain linage

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
PFMcFarland

1950 Packard of uncertain linage

Post by PFMcFarland »

On my way back to Virginia from Indiana, I found this rusty Packard sedan. The vehicle tag says it's a 2392-5 body, but the details look more like a 2372-5. Could be there was an options package available.

PF

1950 Packard Eight Touring Sedan 2392-5 by br1078phot, on Flickr
Side View

Though clearly labeled as a 2392-5 body, it has the trim of the 2372-5 Super Deluxe Eight Touring Sedan.
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/article/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Egg crate full chrome grills front and rear; chrome side trim that connects into the oval taillight housings; larger hub caps; and the 33% larger rear window. The front bumper does not appear to be from a Super Deluxe.

Interior View

Pertinent Information

The Other Side

Bulbous by br1078phot, on Flickr
It got the nickname "Upside Down Bathtub" honestly.

Parting Shot by br1078phot, on Flickr
I hope to see this old car again. It's been there for many years now, and will probably be for many more.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/7699588@N ... 485749537/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Updated model year info)
Last edited by PFMcFarland on Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Waiting for the light
minoly
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: 1949 Packard of uncertain linage

Post by minoly »

Phil,

That was a good idea to stop for pictures of that old car--maybe someone "just didn't get around to" restoring it, so it still sits out in full view. I remember riding in a Packard of about the same vintage on a duck-hunting trip; as a teenager at the time I noticed how carefully the driver accelerated and decelerated-- maybe he was saving gas or maybe all that weight made it less lively than the little Fords I was familiar with. Good documentation.

Bill Delehanty
PFMcFarland

Re: 1950 Packard of uncertain linage

Post by PFMcFarland »

There were only two things my Dad liked about ours, Bill (which was the seven passenger version [loved those jump seats]), is that the whole family would fit in it, and you could take the car apart with just one wrench size.

PF
Waiting for the light
Dennis Gallus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: 1950 Packard of uncertain linage

Post by Dennis Gallus »

Phil,

Nice, interesting post with good photo documentation. What a project the restoration would be.

Best,
Dennis
Dennis Gallus
Hereford, Arizona USA