A Short Tour of Vanceburg, KY

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
PFMcFarland

A Short Tour of Vanceburg, KY

Post by PFMcFarland »

I didn't have much time, so just some grab shots around the western part of Vanceburg, KY. Fifteen more photos at the link.

George Morgan Thomas House and Vanceburg Visitor’s Center by br1078phot, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/7699588@N ... 984151462/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PF

Waiting for the light
Julio1fer
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: A Short Tour of Vanceburg, KY

Post by Julio1fer »

Nice. That Dodge seems to come right out of an advertising picture of the epoch.
Dennis Gallus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Dennis Gallus »

Phil,

That is a nice, nostalgic shot. That's the way small towns used to be: Railroad, road, houses, all within about 50 feet. The old Dodge out front makes it perfect.
Dennis Gallus
Hereford, Arizona USA
PFMcFarland

Post by PFMcFarland »

Thanks, guys. I may try to get some shots of the downtown area next time I go by.

PF
Waiting for the light
minoly
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by minoly »

Phil, I bet that folks in the Thomas house could tell when the night train came through! You had good luck with the Mail Pouch barn. I don't think that brand sold much here: Day's Work and Climax for plug, Copenhagen for snus and maybe Right Cut for loose were big sellers. I'm glad that you stopped in Vanceburg for the photos.

Bill Delehanty