In a park

Often simply written as "W/NW" - your favorite photos. Explain them, or let your photos (film or digital) speak for themselves.
Dennis Gallus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In a park

Post by Dennis Gallus »

Let's see if I can start a topic here that most of us Photography Today enthusiasts can contribute to:

I visited Dupont Circle in Washington DC late in July. It was a pleasant Saturday morning, perfect for people photography.

Peaceful demonstration. A group of Mennonites from Carlisle, Pennsylvania sang out a strong Christian message.

Repose. This couple felt perfectly at home in a crowded park. Like the Mennonites, they added to a feeling of peace.

So--How about taking a walk in a park soon, or going through your files of photos and adding to this thread? I'm looking forward to seeing what you have.

Dennis

Dennis Gallus
Hereford, Arizona USA
GrahamS
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Re: In a park

Post by GrahamS »

Nicely done, Dennis. I like the second one - what is she doing? Whispering something to him? Nagging him about visiting her mother? Berating him for having a hangover?

Here's my contribution - St James' Park, London, on a summer Saturday.

And this is on the lawns of Westminster Abbey

GrahamS
Age brings wisdom....or age shows up alone. You never know.
scott
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scott »

An old one, Rustic Park, Birdsboro.

Imagehay01a by Scott --, on Flickr
jamesmck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jamesmck »

Nice shots, Dennis. Perhaps that guy on the bench was overwhelmed by something emanating from the Mennonites.
-- James
James McKearney
Nancy B
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Nancy B »

These shots are from High Park, in Toronto.

Photography is a form of time travel.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Philip
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Philip »

Three friends, a dog, and I were just about finished our 11-km walk along the coast when we came into the National Historic Park at Cape Spear. There, we came up to two women who were moving rather carefully from spot to spot, one of them sitting in her chair for a moment, and then changing their mind and, picking up chair, moving to another spot. When we were passing them, they asked if we would take their picture with their telephone, which I did. Then I asked to take their picture with my camera and they cheerily posed for two pictures. This is one.

My Flickrs: http://www.flickr.com/flipflik (recent postings), or
- http://www.flickriver.com/photos/flipfl ... teresting/ (Flickr's calculation of my "most interesting" pics);
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/flipflik/s ... 879115542/ (what I like best).