The Detrola KW

The film that was inside the camera that you just bought holds images of days gone by.
melek
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

The Detrola KW

Post by melek »

I bought this 127 roll film camera about six or seven years ago. It since has been sold.

Inside was a roll of Kodak Verichrome Pan. I processed it in D-76 and here are most of the photos. I think a couple were ruined by fog or damage to the film. I don't recall exactly.

Showing off the fish that someone caught.

More folks showing off the fish.

The fish really made the rounds!

An outing somewhere ...

I guess this is the 1950s, judging from the clothing. Also, check out the UFO-like thing in the background.

I have no idea where these were taken. Any thoughts?

Maybe these are modernist dinosaur statues.

Probably a brother annoying the heck out of his sister. Or cousin.

I do have a roll of Tri-X that came in a camera. Again, not sure which camera, but maybe if I process the film, it will remind me.

-Mike Elek
Hoosier Rich
Amateur
Amateur

Re: The Detrola KW

Post by Hoosier Rich »

You did a great job of saving those Mike. Pretty nice fish too! On the subject of found films, I sure do miss Gene M's humorous descriptions in his old posts.

Rich Sanders

Lost in the cornfields of Indiana

My Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20941345@N03/
Philip
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Philip »

These are great found shots!

That Detrola was a decent little camera. Somewhere in the basement I have my very under-used Detrola . . . you make me want to dig it out and use it.

I would fine-tune your dating a little: I think the shoes and clothes indicate early 1960s rather than the 1950s. The haircut on the girl looks more sixties to me, too.

Philip

My Flickrs: http://www.flickr.com/flipflik (recent postings), or
- http://www.flickriver.com/photos/flipfl ... teresting/ (Flickr's calculation of my "most interesting" pics);
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/flipflik/s ... 879115542/ (what I like best).
OpenWater
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by OpenWater »

These really are nice shots and an excellent save. I would agree with Philip on the dating, somewhere in the early 60s is my guess.
Mike

Brazile
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Brazile »

I love found film shots. Glad you saved them. I concur with the rest: more likely early 60s.

Robert

Todd G

Post by Todd G »

Very nice save Mike.

From the clothes, I would agree, early 60's seems possible. But in the background of the first photo is what appears to be a hearse parked down the street. It's hard to tell for sure, but the grill looks more like a 1970 Cadillac rather than something from the early 60s or 50s.

Nancy B
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Nancy B »

The clothes in the first pictures with the fish seem like late 50s clothes, judging by the pants the women are wearing, but the last pictures seem like very early 60s.

Great find, though!

Photography is a form of time travel.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
RonB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RonB »

Just a guess but I think it may be St. Louis Mo. The arch and the elevated bridge in the back ground look real familiar , I was truck driving in that area somewhat in the mid 60s. That bridge crosses the Mississippi river into Mo. from Ill.
The pictures may have been taken just after the arch was finished, it fairly close to the river.
I may be wrong???